Makers of

no kidding what are they suppose to use besides bittorrent?

You're kidding right? That, or simply ignorant. Hint: on Usenet, no one can tell what you have downloaded.

no kidding what are they suppose to use besides bittorrent?

If you mean bittorrent as in the software named bittorrent, there are plenty of better options out there. If you mean bittorrent as in the torrent protocol, there are still plenty of options, just not all are as effective as the torrent protocol. Private trackers will generally keep you safer (more difficult for the watchful eyes to get into those private trackers), but there are also things like newsgroups that are generally much safer, and even downloading something off rapidshare or similar sites is generally safer (because you are only downloading it, not uploading it, so you're not really sharing it).

There are plenty of alternatives to torrents, torrents are simply one of the easier solutions for how effective they are, but that also makes them much less secure.

Wow, people still download movies? What's so hard about waiting for redbox + free movie Mondays? It's a LEGAL free.

Anyone who ever even considered watching this film should be sued.

Hey I watched it and I didn't think it was too bad. For people that grew up on action movies from the 1980s and early 1990s, this is a decent homage.

Not every movie needs to expand your mind or win an Oscar for Best Picture.

Sometimes a movie with lots of crazy action is just what I want to see on a lazy Friday night.

Hey I watched it and I didn't think it was too bad. For people that grew up on action movies from the 1980s and early 1990s, this is a decent homage.

Sometimes a movie with lots of crazy action is just what I want to see on a lazy Friday night.

I grew up watching action films and The Expendables was terrible. TERRIBLE.

This. Everyone has to irritatingly be an expert movie critic and they always bash on action movies of any type. I enjoyed The Expendables. I knew from the get go that the plot was ridiculously bad, but I didn't care.

peerblock will block the unwanted watch eye.... not many use it believe.

I'm not condoning piracy in any way, but PeerBlock, PeerGuardian, and all the other knockoffs only provide a fuzzy feeling of protection, but don't do any real good. 1) It doesn't matter if the "movie spies" can't connect to you.. they can still see your IP in the swarm, which is good enough as far as they're concerned, and 2) Those programs aren't exactly a big underground secret.. all they need to do is just get an IP that's not on those blacklists, and your protection has just been rendered useless.

If you mean bittorrent as in the software named bittorrent, there are plenty of better options out there. If you mean bittorrent as in the torrent protocol, there are still plenty of options, just not all are as effective as the torrent protocol. Private trackers will generally keep you safer (more difficult for the watchful eyes to get into those private trackers), but there are also things like newsgroups that are generally much safer, and even downloading something off rapidshare or similar sites is generally safer (because you are only downloading it, not uploading it, so you're not really sharing it).

There are plenty of alternatives to torrents, torrents are simply one of the easier solutions for how effective they are, but that also makes them much less secure.

Though tbh rapidshare/hotfile etc arent that "safe" anymore, a 1000 of hotfile's users have been sued for uploading content, so its only a matter of time before they go after downloaders. Usenet/newsgroup seems to be the way to go at the moment it seems esp with vpn connections but as soon as everyone turns to it (like they have done with rapidshare/hotfile) then it will be targeted.

peerblock will block the unwanted watch eye.... not many use it believe.

you're kidding right? they only block known ips, and generally the companies that are out to get ppl can also see this list and change their ip, those types of programs are utterly useless tbh, you should never think you're safe when you're using one of them

My bad on the title lol. I can't spell today my bad.

anywho, they're alternatives to BitTorrent as I have found .. thanks to a few souls :ninja:

:D

This. Everyone has to irritatingly be an expert movie critic and they always bash on action movies of any type. I enjoyed The Expendables. I knew from the get go that the plot was ridiculously bad, but I didn't care.

I think the problem with The Expendables is that it wasn't, essentially, RAMBO 5. Ignoring plot altogether - Where RAMBO was brutal & realistic (realistic-ish), Expendables was cheap and comedic.

Anyway... apparently there's a Directors Cut on the way so who knows, could greatly improve things.

Either way, Expendables 2 should revolve around Terry Crewes shotgun :)

You'll usually only get caught if you download from public sites pbay, ISOhunt, demonoid etc. use a private site and you'll be fine. :pirate:

WARNING, Possibly stupid:

I thought Demonoid was a "private" tracker? :unsure:

People still use torrents? What am I saying, I still have to clean up frostwire viruses off people's computers.

I thought everyone in the know was using file hosting services these days though. Torrents will get you in trouble. :laugh:

WARNING, Possibly stupid:

I thought Demonoid was a "private" tracker? I've been DMCA'd 2 times using that site. :unsure:

It used to be public then they made it private but there's so many users it might as well be public it's better if you find a smaller private site.