Internet Explorer 9 RC download links

I can't believe it. How HARD is it to add a simple "feature" to the bookmars bar, like MOVING from one folder to another, without having to click on each damn folder?!?!? Chrome does that, why on earth isn't this on every browser?!

I don't get what you are saying, that feature IS there, click on the Favorites Icon then instead of clicking on "Add to Favorites" click on the Arrow next to it, then select "Organize Favorites" from the dropdown menu?

I don't get what you are saying, that feature IS there, click on the Favorites Icon then instead of clicking on "Add to Favorites" click on the Arrow next to it, then select "Organize Favorites" from the dropdown menu?

You don't get it. If you have 2 folders on the bookmars bar, for example, and you're clicking on one of them, try moving your mouse to the other one and see if it opens like in Chrome. It won't. You have to click on it. That's my problem.

*golf clap* You're expert opinion at it's best.

Just like IE8 before it was slammed with requests for a download manager as well I'm sure. But are the posters on connect, you know, us few tech savey minority the only target group? Don't think so. I'm not arguing the need or not for one, one would be nice, I'm just saying that there's other priorities that had to get done with IE9, like, you know, standards, maybe. Unless those aren't as important now.

I'd bet all the money in the world that if you polled individuals on major features they'd like to see in IE9 that spell check would be -- at the very least -- in the top three features, and most likely number one. Tech savvy people are most definitely not the only group wanting spell check.

Spellcheck is useful to anyone, be it your average joe or a tech savvy user. its also a basic feature in pretty much every major browser but IE.

And IMO you don't have to be really tech savvy to appreciate a download manager. The way IE downloaded files was obnoxious, with a nice simple dl manager like it has now you get some nice features for managing downloads, and its also far more streamlined.

Downloading a file in IE8:

Click download link

YELLOW BAR AT THE TOP OMG ARE YOU SURE

Save file, file downloads, then you have to wait for it to copy to wherever you told it to save to (still have no idea why the hell it does that)

If you have multiple downloads at once it becomes a mess, there is no pausing downloads.

Downloading file in IE9:

Click download link

Click save (you don't even ever have to see the dl manager unless you click view downloads)

???

Profit!

Do all the other browsers have spell check? I use Firefox and tbh I never felt I needed one (might as well check a dictionary if I'm not sure about a word).

Do all the other browsers have spell check? I use Firefox and tbh I never felt I needed one (might as well check a dictionary if I'm not sure about a word).

All the major ones.

Browsers with spellcheck:

Firefox

Chrome

Opera

(probably countless other lesser known browsers as well)

Browsers without spellcheck:

Internet explorer

frankly speaking

the experience is much better (Y) compared to Beta

they squished every-bug i noticed while testing beta build. :)

good job MS

"didn't close the whole application" obviously means only one tab crashed. :rolleyes:

No it doesn't smart ass, the whole thing could lock up as well without fully closing down since the base process that runs the window and address bar would still be going. I once had the leaked build lock up but not crash fully till it finally restarted the process on it's own and unlocked.

Looks like MS finally got the message with regards to their inconsistent UI.

I got this screenshot of Office 2014 Alpha, and it finally brings unity to the appearance of Windows programs.

That looks distinctly to me like an edited screenshot of a Windows Explorer Window, with a blank word document transposed over the usual contents of the explorer window. I can't think of any valid reason why Microsoft would need a folder browsing bar in Office :/

That looks distinctly to me like an edited screenshot of a Windows Explorer Window, with a blank word document transposed over the usual contents of the explorer window. I can't think of any valid reason why Microsoft would need a folder browsing bar in Office :/

That's the joke. :whistle:

--

But seriously now, you're not suppose to spend hours finely tweaking your browser UI to the last pixel. The whole idea of a browser is to view finely-tweaked-to-the-last-pixel-webpages, not just sit there and stare at your uberl33t-t\/\/34k3d UI for hours on end.