Gmail Notifier Plus 2.3 Roadmap

New Features

• Toast notifications.
  • Flash taskbar on new email.
  • Mail count in system tray. (for small icon users)

I have my taskbar/superbar set to small icons. I noticed these were crossed out indicating that there is now an indication when there is new mail, yet I did not see any. The gmail icon still stays as if there is no new mail, there is no flashing (is the flash once?).

Is the little number not possible with the small icon. Would it be possible to change the color of the transparency (like how it's green and filled to a % horizontally, with downloads or progress with certain supported apps, but instead a solid color, light blue for example).

Thanks in advance.

I have my taskbar/superbar set to small icons. I noticed these were crossed out indicating that there is now an indication when there is new mail, yet I did not see any. The gmail icon still stays as if there is no new mail, there is no flashing (is the flash once?).

Is the little number not possible with the small icon. Would it be possible to change the color of the transparency (like how it's green and filled to a % horizontally, with downloads or progress with certain supported apps, but instead a solid color, light blue for example).

Thanks in advance.

Those features are complete, but the author hasn't released a new update with those features in it.

spalek83, the thread is pretty clear about being a roadmap for version 2.3. The latest build available for download is 2.2.x.x. You've missed the obvious bucko.

spalek83, the thread is pretty clear about being a roadmap for version 2.3. The latest build available for download is 2.2.x.x. You've missed the obvious bucko.

seems i did, indeed

thanks

Made some good strides this weekend and should be able to put together a release candidate for 2.3 this week. If you have any last minute requests, get them in now. 'Cause anything request past the release candidate will be queued for 2.4. Cheers.

Sorry for not reading the whole thread but is there a possibility of a "tray only" option so not to take up another spot on the taskbar? Would the "setting it to Vista in the compatibility settings" trick work like it does with messengers?

Made some good strides this weekend and should be able to put together a release candidate for 2.3 this week. If you have any last minute requests, get them in now. 'Cause anything request past the release candidate will be queued for 2.4. Cheers.

Were you able to add in an option for the application to startup with windows?

Sorry for not reading the whole thread but is there a possibility of a "tray only" option so not to take up another spot on the taskbar? Would the "setting it to Vista in the compatibility settings" trick work like it does with messengers?

Nope. There are plenty of tray-only email notifiers out there.

Were you able to add in an option for the application to startup with windows?

If it's not listed in the OP, it didn't get added. (That one probably won't ever get added. If [you're] too lazy (no offense intended) to add a shortcut to the exe in \Start Menu\Startup then boo on [you]. )

If it's not listed in the OP, it didn't get added. (That one probably won't ever get added. If [you're] too lazy (no offense intended) to add a shortcut to the exe in \Start Menu\Startup then boo on [you]. )

That's what I currently do. But I figured that if an option could be added, it would be better.

Well I probably won't finish up the toast notifications tonight, and tomorrow is St. Pat's day in the states, which means I probably won't be coherent enough to write any code (not sure you'd want me to in that state anyhow). We're probably looking at Saturday sometime for that Release Candidate, as Friday will surely be spent hungover.

Cheers :pint:

Quickie update; This is the implementation of the 'toast' window that I'm going with. I'm basically duplicating the taskbar preview window, as I wanted the ability to page through the emails for an account as the toast popped up. It's something I really wish the default Gmail Notifier app for windows would do (the crappy one that google released)

f15b0d368f768ff5dcf09a151fa5dfa2.png

Still have to work out some window positioning, setup the actual email data within this window, and figure out some logic for the buttons.

And I'm also adding the ability to specify which browser you want an account to open in. Might hold up the RC for a few days, but it's something that I really need in the app.

I'm planning on putting all of these changes into a quick and dirty user guide on the GitHub wiki. I'll likely add a link to the help in the app itself. Anyhow, I made some more visual/functional changes today:

90391446246b6979821ddc73d1a525c9.png

So what the duece do the red shapes mean:

Instead of the thumbnail button (the bottom red square) changing when you have email, it will always stay as the 'inbox' button, and will always open your full inbox for that account. If you'd like to view the email that you're looking at in the thumbnail preview, you'll click the thumbnail preview itself (the red circle). I added a little visual cue (the top red square) to indicate that it's an email you're looking at, and that you can open it.

I'm planning on putting all of these changes into a quick and dirty user guide on the GitHub wiki. I'll likely add a link to the help in the app itself. Anyhow, I made some more visual/functional changes today:

90391446246b6979821ddc73d1a525c9.png

So what the duece do the red shapes mean:

Instead of the thumbnail button (the bottom red square) changing when you have email, it will always stay as the 'inbox' button, and will always open your full inbox for that account. If you'd like to view the email that you're looking at in the thumbnail preview, you'll click the thumbnail preview itself (the red circle). I added a little visual cue (the top red square) to indicate that it's an email you're looking at, and that you can open it.

Thanks for you updates man, appreciated!

However I don't think this is really needed, since we can already access the Inbox in the jumplist... But of course do as you wish! :)

@bdsams thanks for the support man, much appreciated!

@Mr. Rod you're 100% correct for single account users, but I check 3 accounts with this app ;) and you can only use the jumplist inbox link for the default account, that's where the powa comes into play.

Evolving this to support Google Voice would be neat.

GVNotifier

@ andrew_: I just read the readme, and now realize that you were not the original author. Thank you for taking the time to finish this app.

/me bows.

I think we're close to a 2.4 release candidate. I'm going to run it for another day locally to make sure there aren't any bugbugs im missing.

I think we're close to a 2.4 release candidate. I'm going to run it for another day locally to make sure there aren't any bugbugs im missing.

Is it a 2.3 or 2.4 release candidate?