Best HDTV- money is no object.

My current HDTV- now that's it calibrated, ARG- has got to go.

The wife has decided that she wants bigger and better. (Yea, yea... I know.)

SO, she want's a 55+ television with "a screen so clear I'll feel like I'm actually there".

As for me, I just want an RJ-45 jack (no wireless, I hate wireless). Anything else is

just gravy. I don't console game, EVER, and could care less about the aesthetics.

As an example, the Sony Bravia series comes with or without the clear border thing...

I could care less. I just need to get a HUGE T.V. with an absolutely astounding screen

that I can plug directly into my home network for streaming movies, netfilix, and so forth.

Cost is not a concern. GO!

Anything that is of the same or better quality as the Samsung ln55c630 series. There is a c800 series already which is just unbelievably clear... and I thought mine already was... These are LCD TV's, but are of superior video quality.

Sony and Samsung are the way to go right now. Just look into their high quality ones.

Yea, I read about this model: XBR-HX929.

It's supposed to be due out later this year. MUCH later for the 65" model.

Just reading about it gives me wood, but I think it's going to have Wireless

instead of a hard network port. :(

Panasonic Plasma.

if you want an inferior LCD/LED(same thing, same picture, different backlight) go for a Sony HX8xx or 9xx series or a Samsung 9 series. Well actually Philips has local dimming back lights on their high end models, and they also make the sexy super wide screen tv's that use the cinema widescreen format not 16:9. thoguh you need space :) Philips also has much better and more natural colors than the over saturated Samsungs.

Just picked up a Samsung UN55C7000 for Christmas, and I've been super impressed with the set. HDTV (cablevision), Blu-Ray (PS3) and games (PS3) have been outstanding. Paid ~$1750 for it. Comes with "web apps" and Yahoo Widgets which are really nice.

Samsung-UN55C7000-ports.jpg

tv-02.jpg

Panasonic Plasma.

if you want an inferior LCD/LED(same thing, same picture, different backlight) go for a Sony HX8xx or 9xx series or a Samsung 9 series. Well actually Philips has local dimming back lights on their high end models, and they also make the sexy super wide screen tv's that use the cinema widescreen format not 16:9. thoguh you need space :) Philips also has much better and more natural colors than the over saturated Samsungs.

Plasma is outdated technology. Get a quality LED and hang it flush on the wall.

LOL Cost is no object ?

And people are mentioning crap Sony and Panasonics LOL

OK, since money is no object..

Youve got this Runco 70" @ $35,000

They also have a 100" @ $125,000 if that isnt big enough

If thats too much, the el-cheapo 42" is $6500

Of course Runco isnt the only brand there are so many others that most have never heard about.

Everything is relative, to the person who only knows about Hondas, he thinks the Accord is the pinnacle of luxury, simply because he doesnt know there is such thing as a Maybach.

When someone has $500,000 to spend on their home theater they arent getting the components @ Best Buy.

Just picked up a Samsung UN55C7000 for Christmas, and I've been super impressed with the set. HDTV (cablevision), Blu-Ray (PS3) and games (PS3) have been outstanding. Paid ~$1750 for it. Comes with "web apps" and Yahoo Widgets which are really nice.

Samsung-UN55C7000-ports.jpg

tv-02.jpg

$1400 at Sam's Club

Plasma is outdated technology. Get a quality LED and hang it flush on the wall.

So you don't really know what you're talking about then.

Plasma is also changign not standing still, and even the cheapest plasma beat LCD/LED tv's in PQ tests.

LOL Cost is no object ?

Of course Runco isnt the only brand there are so many others that most have never heard about.

Everything is relative, to the person who only knows about Hondas, he thinks the Accord is the pinnacle of luxury, simply because he doesnt know there is such thing as a Maybach.

When someone has $500,000 to spend on their home theater they arent getting the components @ Best Buy.

Not nessarily, I recently saw some Nu-Vision products and thought they were WAY overpriced.

That isn't about spending money for the best, it's about spending just to be spending. Big difference.

While they may be BEASTS in the money category, that doesn't mean their picture quality is any

better.

Same for the rear-projection... every review I've read or display model I've seen has shows that LCD

screens just look better.

LOL Cost is no object ?

It's fair to assume he was talking regular consumer market, and within reasonable limits. and if they still made them I would said Pioneer, but since they're not in that market anymore Panasonic is the best of the consumer sets of TV's

I mean, I could have mentioned the fiber optic tv's that need to installled directly into your wall. but then he didn't start his post with "I'm a billionaire"

It's fair to assume he was talking regular consumer market, and within reasonable limits. and if they still made them I would said Pioneer, but since they're not in that market anymore Panasonic is the best of the consumer sets of TV's

I mean, I could have mentioned the fiber optic tv's that need to installled directly into your wall. but then he didn't start his post with "I'm a billionaire"

I understand, I was just pointing out the whole "money is no object" comment -- if money really was no object - he would let an expert make that decision after a private consultation at a home theatre store or at his house - not people on a tech website.

fiber TV ?? havent heard of this..... tell me more :D

I would have suggested Samsung but mine just started not working properly after 3 years :/ After doing a bit of reading online I found out it's because Samsung uses low quality capacitors.... Kinda sucks

I understand, I was just pointing out the whole "money is no object" comment -- if money really was no object - he would let an expert make that decision after a private consultation at a home theatre store or at his house - not people on a tech website.

fiber TV ?? havent heard of this..... tell me more :D

I dunno, my GF has a friend that installs them over in the states. he apparently makes pretty good money doing them. custom installs and all.

I've been thinking of looking them up but then I realize I'll never be able to afford it so why look it up. but a tv completely flush with your wall, actually part of your wall appeals to my inner and outer geek :) like living wallpaper :)

I would have suggested Samsung but mine just started not working properly after 3 years :/ After doing a bit of reading online I found out it's because Samsung uses low quality capacitors.... Kinda sucks

to bad you're not in scandinavia. as that would be classified as a manufacturer fault. and thus covered under 5 year reclamation. and since samsung sucks at having parts for old tv's.. instant new tv :)

to bad you're not in scandinavia. as that would be classified as a manufacturer fault. and thus covered under 5 year reclamation. and since samsung sucks at having parts for old tv's.. instant new tv :)

:( I wish lol

I just got a new 55 inch Panasonic plasma - stunning picture, ethernet port / DNLA works brilliantly with the media server in Win 7, THX calibrated/certified colour. I'd recommend it to anyone with abig enough space on their wall.

Just send me all your money, Mr. Trump. I'll take care of everything. :whistle:

The comments by TEX4S are spot on. Have an expert come to your house and test the acoustics, etc. If money is no object, then do it right.

Of course, you do realize that no matter how much you spend, your system will start to go obsolete the minute you walk out the door of the electronics store. But have fun shopping anyway.

I actually checked out some Mitsubishi TVs at the store and was unimpressed.

Sony screens just looked better.

I posted about using an HDTV for my computer gaming... that's going to be

an entirely different TV. For movies and sports... I want size. For gaming, it's

going to be about getting the right native resolution.