[Official] Duke Nukem Forever [NSFW]

My god are the graphics supposed to look so blurry at far distances.... even tried turning motion blur and filmgrain off.

Also the FOV is really poor, looks like a direct console port alright.

Yeah wow, nostalgia factor aside, it is just pretty damn bad.

It is slightly amusing I guess, and just barely, but the whole blur when you zoom in on a weapon was an awful design choice (I too tried turning motion blur off, to no avail), and just the whole thing felt pretty damn clunky.

This demo was my deciding factor of whether I would purchase it or not, and I will definitely be passing on it.

I have a gut feeling this will go on sale much, much sooner then later, they have to recoup their money somehow, and I just simply do not see this demo making people feel like it is worth a purchase, so yeah, maybe I will purchase it on an inevitable sale.

Overall, pretty sad how bad it actually is.

It would have actually been better if the game never got released, the myth and legend of the whole situation would have done it more justice then the final result.

Yeah wow, nostalgia factor aside, it is just pretty damn bad.

It is slightly amusing I guess, and just barely, but the whole blur when you zoom in on a weapon was an awful design choice (I too tried turning motion blur off, to no avail), and just the whole thing felt pretty damn clunky.

This demo was my deciding factor of whether I would purchase it or not, and I will definitely be passing on it.

I have a gut feeling this will go on sale much, much sooner then later, they have to recoup their money somehow, and I just simply do not see this demo making people feel like it is worth a purchase, so yeah, maybe I will purchase it on an inevitable sale.

Overall, pretty sad how bad it actually is.

It would have actually been better if the game never got released, the myth and legend of the whole situation would have done it more justice then the final result.

You would think they would have spent all this time trying to make a decent game and from what I have read it's nothing but fail with a little humor and boobs.....

Well, since I was only expecting a better graphical Duke 3d, this is great. I think others are putting the whole production time into thinking it is supposed to be something amazing. While it may not be the best looking game, it still seems to offer more fun and variety than what most shooters are doing at the moment.

You would think they would have spent all this time trying to make a decent game and from what I have read it's nothing but fail with a little humor and boobs.....

Which is all Duke Nukem has ever been.

Which is all Duke Nukem has ever been.

Except that the first game (3d) was actually pretty awesome.

The problem these days is every thing has been done, so people want more, and they want graphics like they have never seen, back when Duke 3D came out it was one of a few FPS games around... instead of going into a market flooded with FPS games

Also lets not forget the older pre Duke3d games :)

Dukenukem1.png

I expect one-liners, macho attitude, over the top jokes, violence and explosions. Thats Duke Nukem.

I expect one-liners, macho attitude, over the top jokes, violence and explosions. Thats Duke Nukem.

This.

And I expect it all to be ridiculous.

It's a lot of fun (the demo). Great BJ entro and fun couple of levels so far. Reminds me of the good 'ol days of gaming! Ultra graphics at 1080p res... love the optimizations of their coding!

Actually, 3D Realms claimed that Duke Nukem Forever was entirely self-funded and any money Take-Two promised them was never delivered (and that seems highly likely, given the massive money they surely made producing games like Max Payne and Prey, then selling the rights to them for a ton of money). Since Gearbox bought the game from a defunct 3D Realms, the only thing they have to recoup is their short development cost and whatever they paid 3D Realms, which I'm going to guess isn't much since Scott Miller is friends with Randy Pitchford.

I watched gameplay from the demo but to me, it would only ever qualify as a rent due to the fact I never really saw much appeal to the allure the game held. It seems entertaining enough but I can see it being in a bargain bin soon enough - and if that's the case I will then pick it up.

I don't know if this makes me old, but I played through duke 1 & 2, so when 3d came out, obviously I had to get it.

Kinda like how GTA3 was a must buy for anyone who was a fan of the series. Tho, I never ever finished a storyline in GTA despite owning every one and unlocking all the places.

nailed it ! and that's what the demo is !

can't wait for the release

Sanctified said it best, and it is exactly what the game is going to deliver. To expect anything more, is expecting too much from Duke.

got home figured id check to see if it was preloadable, didnt remember when it was suposed to be releaced, got this

post-36462-0-33621300-1307491574.jpg

Mine has just been despatched (Balls of Steel Edition). It is from HMV so i won't expect it till Friday.

It is finally happening. Duke Nukem Forever is finally going to be released!

Just try and re-download again. I got it on my first attempt but second try it downloaded in less than an hour :D

Can't wait for tomorrow, academic reports can wait but this can't, yewwww!

Just try and re-download again. I got it on my first attempt but second try it downloaded in less than an hour :D

Can't wait for tomorrow, academic reports can wait but this can't, yewwww!

Yea, i retried a couple hours later, and preloaded the first stage

That's Terminator, not Duke Nukem :p

Really? Then the main character in Duke Nukem 3d is Arnie? :p

nice pic!

BTW it's available on Steam now, downloading as we speak. it did say the servers were busy, but then went and started downloading at a good clip anyway. won't play it till tomorrow, though.

nice pic!

BTW it's available on Steam now, downloading as we speak. it did say the servers were busy, but then went and started downloading at a good clip anyway. won't play it till tomorrow, though.

I think it's preload only and today they updated the preload, steam never ever decrypted game before release date that I know off.