I bought an IPhone 3GS Today.

Thank you NEOWIN.net 4 warning me about the fact that the Verizon Wireless Apple IPhone 4 has the same signal problem as the AT&T IPhone 4, as a result I decided 2 buy an Apple IPhone 3GS from AT&T today. Thanks again 4 the in depth reviews.

I don't mean to sound like an ass, but you bought a phone from 2009 in 2011 because some people claim that the newer model has attenuation issues? You should have bought the iPhone 4 and tested it in your area first. Because the reality is, the fault is with your carriers not the iPhone for the most part.

Cup the top of your phone where the camera is. Welcome to antenna issues.

The iPhone 4 issues were blown way way way out of proportion as the 3GS and 3G model and pretty much every phone on the planet has a similar issue if held a certain way.

I bought the verizon iphone and I did the AT&T issue on it.. it did do it but not as bad as AT&T but really, who the hell holds their phone that way to use it... I know I don't so its all good.. I'm just saying...

Thank you NEOWIN.net 4 warning me about the fact that the Verizon Wireless Apple IPhone 4 has the same signal problem as the AT&T IPhone 4, as a result I decided 2 buy an Apple IPhone 3GS from AT&T today. Thanks again 4 the in depth reviews.

You would need to hold it real wrong to have a signal problem with a Verizon iPhone 4. The AT&T does have a flaw, but not Verizon’s, according to all the videos I have seen (especially the one you saw on the front page).

I tried holding the phone like he did in the video, and it actually felt really really bad for both of my hands. So sorry, but I’m not buying this.

But it’s still great that you bought one. Welcome in the club !

You guys are correct that money is an issue 4 me right now, and actually the 3 GS that I bought is a Re-Manufactured Apple IPhone from AT&T's Online Store so it only cost me $20 U.S.A. Dollars instead of $50 U.S.A. Dollars and it works great. Just FYI.

Just 2 let you guys know the following: I have no plans on buying the IPhone 5 this summer as I am still paying 4 my Verizon Wireless MOTOROLA DROIDS 2 Year Contract at the same time as this brand new AT&T 2 Year Contract, and my Verizon Wireless Contract does not expire until 08/02/2012! I do like my brand new Apple IPhone 3GS much better than my MOTOROLA DROIDS as I all ready tried out downloading an App and making a Phone call at the same time! I personally think that I am going 2 cancel my Verizon Wireless service when my contract is up!

Just 2 let you guys know the following: I have no plans on buying the IPhone 5 this summer as I am still paying 4 my Verizon Wireless MOTOROLA DROIDS 2 Year Contract at the same time as this brand new AT&T 2 Year Contract, and my Verizon Wireless Contract does not expire until 08/02/2012! I do like my brand new Apple IPhone 3GS much better than my MOTOROLA DROIDS as I all ready tried out downloading an App and making a Phone call at the same time! I personally think that I am going 2 cancel my Verizon Wireless service when my contract is up!

Surely it would be cheaper to cancel your Verizon contract than to pay for it for another year? You said that money was tight, but the cost of the phone is nothing compared to the thousands of dollars the contract costs you during its course.

Surely it would be cheaper to cancel your Verizon contract than to pay for it for another year? You said that money was tight, but the cost of the phone is nothing compared to the thousands of dollars the contract costs you during its course.

This, and you can sell your Droids to make up for the loss (somewhat). Try craigslist.org, should sell your Droids pretty quick. Glad to hear you're happy though. $20 a piece is an amazing deal.

I just noticed that AT&T has a larger 4G calling area here in Chicago Area than Verizon does so I think that I will give Verizon a call tomorrow!

I plan on sending the 2 MOTOROLA DROIDS 2 Verizon Wireless Trade In Program, as they said that they will give me $52 U.S.A. Dollars each 4 the 2 phones.

I will use the gift cards 2 either pay off my Phone Bill assuming that they arrive in time or use it 2 buy a second IPAD.

I plan on sending the 2 MOTOROLA DROIDS 2 Verizon Wireless Trade In Program, as they said that they will give me $52 U.S.A. Dollars each 4 the 2 phones.

You can get more than that on Craigslist, I'm fairly sure.

I should note that 4G is still unavailable where Iive so I will be unable 2 go 2 IPhone 5 this summer.

I should note that 4G is still unavailable where Iive so I will be unable 2 go 2 IPhone 5 this summer.

iPhone 5 probably won't have 4G (LTE isn't ready and WiMAX isn't Apple's cup of tea). Even if it did, it would still carry 3G and standard to fall back on.

It almost seems like some body bought this phone, did not like it, and then returned it since I can find no visible signs that this phone was ever repaired?

What is even more interesting is the fact that apple.com is listing the same 90 days of telephone support and 1 year warranty as the new IPhones have.

By the way, does anyone with AT&T know if there is a number like Verizon's STAR228 that you have to dial 2 update Roaming Data?

:huh: You do realize that you can just put it in a case and the attenuation problem will be solved right ? Why buying last gen ? The difference between Iphone 4 and 3GS is quite significant and future apps will make use of the extra power in iPhone 4 that is not available in 3GS.

Today, I Found The 1st Limitation With My New Re-Manufactured AT&T Apple IPhone 3GS, I Was Inside Costco With My Dad While We Were Waiting 4 The Tires 2 Be Rotated On His 2006 Ford Freestyle (They Do Free Tire Rotations 4 Their Customers Who Own Their Tires, But That Is Another Story All Together), So While We Were Waiting I Figured That I Would Pull Out My Apple IPhone 3GS And Browse The Internet, Wrong Idea, At First It Worked Fine, Then All Of A Sudden, The Bars Drop Off, No Signal Inside Of The Metal Building! So Instead, I Had 2 Sit There 4 An Hour With Nothing 2 Do But Hurry Up And Wait 4 The Service 2 Completed! Just FYI! :-(

Thank You Missing Bonobo 4 the Craigslist Suggestion, But The Audio On The 2 MOTOROLA DROIDS Is So Horrible From Having Unlocked The Phones And Installing Ginger Bread On Them That I Doubt That I Would Be Able 2 Sell Them 2 Anyone In Their Current Condition! Just FYI!

P.S. I sent the 2 MOTOROLA DROIDS back 2 Verizon today, I don't care if they give me anything or NOT 4 them, I just want them 2 know that they should take a customer's complaint more seriously when a customer like me says that he/she does NOT like the way that his/her phone is working or NOT working! I say good riddance 2 Verizon!