TA Maps 2.0 now in Marketplace

The app features:

Scrollable/zoomable maps

Street/satellite views

GPS location tracking

Search

Favourite locations

Driving mode (keeps map centred on GPS location)

GPS sensitivity settings

Smoothly restores your last map view and pushpins

TA Maps uses sources like Google Maps and OpenStreetMap and goes for $1.99.

So if you're a WP7 user in a part of the world where Bing maps isn't that up-to-date you could give this a try.

App Link

I thought i'd give this a try, seeing as Bing Maps sucks in the UK. Having the ability to choose between different map sources is a great idea as one source might not have all the data you need.

I thought i'd give this a try, seeing as Bing Maps sucks in the UK. Having the ability to choose between different map sources is a great idea as one source might not have all the data you need.

Ya, I agree, I can't wait for the MS+Nokia deal to kick into effect so MS can add all that Nokia Maps EU data back into Bing finally bringing it up to the level of the US version, if not better.

I'm suprised to hear that, I've had great experiences with Bing Maps in the UK on my Optimus :)

I'm not sure how bing is any worse than Google in europe. map wise they seem pretty much identical.

my problem with bing maps is that if I search for a street in my town, it won't find it, if I search for street, town name, I still don't find it, I need to do street, town name, Norway to find the streets, which works butis a bit ridiculous. especially when my maps is also zoomed in on the street name I'm looking for.

As far as google vs bing for my neck of the EU the only difference maps wise is that google has a bit newer (yet still pretty old) images. They're both like 5+ years old though, they really need to update the images imo.

I'm suprised to hear that, I've had great experiences with Bing Maps in the UK on my Optimus :)

It's just the map data for the UK sucks compared to Google Maps, I had and still have an Android Handset which is used for navigation, so we'll have to see how the OVI and Bing maps integration goes.

The same goes for Bing Search, no voice search outside the US which is pathetic seeing as Google have had voice search everywhere for a while.

seeing as Google have had voice search everywhere for a while.

No they have not. US and UK and some other places, yes, but if you're in anywhere but the bigger EU countries, you can't do voice, even in english.

No they have not. US and UK and some other places, yes, but if you're in anywhere but the bigger EU countries, you can't do voice, even in english.

I stand corrected, but at least Google voice search is available outside the US, unlike Bing voice search.