Unlocked iPhone 4

I was wondering if there is a way to get an factory unlocked iPhone 4 in the US and that's not as expensive as the ones I found on NewEgg or Amazon? Or do you think it would be better if I just buy one and jailbreak it?

Get someone you know from Canada to ship one down or Apple store.

If I buy it from the Apple Store, doesn't the only come with vendor locked in?

How much are they in Canada?

i'm going on a business trip in a month or two to Quebec and would love to get my hands on a factory unlocked version

if the price is right i wouldn't mind bringing you one ZekeComa

I was wondering if there is a way to get an factory unlocked iPhone 4 in the US and that's not as expensive as the ones I found on NewEgg or Amazon? Or do you think it would be better if I just buy one and jailbreak it?

inthe US, the only way to unlock an iPhone is to jailbreak and use ultrasn0w ... but of course if your buying it new, the latest baseband can't be unlocked

If I buy it from the Apple Store, doesn't the only come with vendor locked in?

nope. in Canada, the Iphone 4 comes unlocked in purchase from Apple

How much are they in Canada?

i'm going on a business trip in a month or two to Quebec and would love to get my hands on a factory unlocked version

if the price is right i wouldn't mind bringing you one ZekeComa

16gb model is $659 + tax = $747.97

32gb model is $779 + tax = $884.17

hope you have the money :p

*Quebec tax is 13.5%

inthe US, the only way to unlock an iPhone is to jailbreak and use ultrasn0w ... but of course if your buying it new, the latest baseband can't be unlocked

nope. in Canada, the Iphone 4 comes unlocked in purchase from Apple

16gb model is $659 + tax = $747.97

32gb model is $779 + tax = $884.17

hope you have the money :p

*Quebec tax is 13.5%

Since they come unlocked does it mean they're forever unlocked? that iOS updates won't cause them to lock?

$750 is not a bad price considering i can sell it for $1000

Screw that lol, they are supposed to be working in the latest baseband jailbreak. Supposed to be released when 4.3 comes out I believe.

Factory unlocked iPhones can be used on any network that supports the technology of the iPhone you're buying (GSM), and it'll never lock so it'll always be possible to update to the latest iOS version available that supports your iPhone.

• 1 year later...

?I had a problem just like yours, I found a great site though to help me, surprisingly it only took few mins to get a response from them, and they helped me to unlock then jailbreak my phone without any doubts or , and I wasn?t even a customer with them! I am now though, I can?t wait to jailbreak my new iPhone 5, the iOS6 looks awesome!

The site I got my solution from was www.iphonelox.com ? Great site!?