Samsung Galaxy S

So I was surfing the net as I always do on my Galaxy S while my girlfriend was sleeping. The phone was on silent and there was an interesting link on facebook that I had to click. It was a Youtube video. Sound came out of speakers at full blast.

Disagreeing moans of annoyance from girlfriend.

Question is how do I set my phone to silent everything in silent mode as it should?

So I was surfing the net as I always do on my Galaxy S while my girlfriend was sleeping. The phone was on silent and there was an interesting link on facebook that I had to click. It was a Youtube video. Sound came out of speakers at full blast.

Disagreeing moans of annoyance from girlfriend.

Question is how do I set my phone to silent everything in silent mode as it should?

You need to go into Settings > Sound and reduce media volume. Media volume, and ringtone/notification volume are controlled separately in Android

You mean you got busted watching pr0n?

Luckily none of my friends on Facebook give pr0n links.

It was a Shaolin Kung-Fu video if you're curious.

You need to go into Settings > Sound and reduce media volume. Media volume, and ringtone/notification volume are controlled separately in Android

pleh. That sounds incredibly stupid. I just installed Timeriffic. I hope that'll help.

I think he understands that he can turn the volume down on his phone for media playback, just like on every phone. I think what he is looking for is something that mutes everything when you hit silent switch.

SoundManager - Really great app that allows you to individually change all sound settings.

Setting Profiles Lite - Allows you to set up multiple profiles with all sorts of settings, comes with a handy-dandy 1x1 widget that lets you toggle between profiles super easy. Also has paid version.

Thanks for the Sound Manager recommendation. Very useful app. Another app that I found really useful is Timeriffic. You can set the time for when your phone goes on silent. Sound Manager does it too.