Windows 7 SP1 RTM now available to MSDN/TechNet customers

Windows 7 SP1 RTM now available to MSDN/TechNet customers

Windows 7 SP1 RTM is now available to MSDN and TechNet customers.

Microsoft posted its final build of Windows 7 SP1 to MSDN and TechNet customers on Wednesday. Copies of Microsoft?s Windows 7 SP1 RTM update leaked last month to file sharing websites ahead of its release. Microsoft has confirmed 7601.17514.101119-1850 is the final RTM. The software giant will offer the build to the public on February 22 and it is expected to be released to Windows Update shortly afterwards.

Work on Windows 7 SP2 has already begun as early as fall 2010. Microsoft is reportedly planning 132 updates for x86 Windows 7 SP2 and 171 updates for x64 Windows 7 SP2 at the time of writing. Microsoft hasn?t officially started talking about SP2 but expect it to land in the 2012 timeframe.

SP1 will include RemoteFX which provides rich 3-D graphical experience for remote users. The service pack also will include a series of incremental updates, previously released on Windows Update for both Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.

RemoteFX is a new enhancement to RDP?s graphical remoting capabilities. The idea behind RemoteFX is to allow for a full remote experiences including multiple displays, Aero and multimedia streaming to all types of client devices including low cost thin clients. RemoteFX achieves this by using a technique known as host-based rendering. This technique allows for the final screen image to be rendered locally on the remote PC after being compressed and sent down to that remote host. The enhancements are expected to greatly improve video streaming across remote sessions which is currently one of the major drawbacks of virtualized computing.

As of today, over 20% of Internet-connected PCs worldwide are running Windows 7 according to Net Applications. It was an incredibly successful year for Windows 7 in 2010. Microsoft?s success with Windows 7 began before the product was even widely available. Released in October 2009, the operating system has received praise from consumers, businesses and the media. In November 2009, Windows 7 managed to surpass Apple?s Snow Leopard market share in just two weeks. In early February 2010 it was revealed that Windows 7 had reached 10% market share in just three months.

Windows 7 has also driven an uptake of 64-bit computing. According to ChangeBASE research, conducted with senior IT decision makers, more than 65% of businesses hoped to migrate to Windows 7 within 12 months of its release. Over 50% of those migrating will be choosing the 64-bit route. Microsoft confirmed in July that nearly half of all Windows 7 PCs run 64-bit versions. Forrester Research revealed in November that 1 in 10 PCs within North America and European companies are powered by Windows 7.

Windows 7 recently celebrated its first birthday after selling over 240 million licenses in the first year of sales. Microsoft revealed in late January that the software maker has now shipped over 300 million licenses of Windows 7.

Source: winrumors

thanks for the heads up. will install when i get home.

EDIT: wow whats wrong with microsoft. there are tons of release for each version and platform.

why cant they release one for x86 and one for 64.

Can anyone with a Technet or MSDN upload it somewhere and post it a link? It's official now so posting a link to it should be fine.

someone should post the size in bytes and the SHA-1 hashes so we can see if the leaked integrated images and service packs are the exact same files.

for example:

File Name: en_windows_7_ultimate_with_sp1_x64_dvd_618240.iso

Date Published (UTC): 2/16/2011 8:50:21 AM

Last Updated (UTC): 2/16/2011 8:50:21 AM

SHA1: 1693B6CB50B90D96FC3C04E4329604FEBA88CD51

ISO/CRC: 8589EE18

Available to Levels: TechNet Professional (SA); TechNet Professional with Media (Retail); TechNet Professional (Retail); TechNet Professional with Media (VL); TechNet Professional (VL); TechNet Professional (Certified Partner); TechNet for Microsoft Competency Partners; TechNet Plus Consumer Service Professional Pilot; TechNet Standard (VL); TechNet Standard (Retail); TechNet for Action Pack; TechNet Professional (NFR); TechNet Professional (NFR MCT); TechNet Professional (NFR MVP); TechNet Professional (NFR FTE); TechNet Professional (NFR Bundle); TechNet for Microsoft Competency Partners;

and yes SHA/CRC matches iso released by wzor 3 weeks ago... "shocking" /sarcasm.

someone should post the size in bytes and the SHA-1 hashes so we can see if the leaked integrated images and service packs are the exact same files.

File Name: mu_windows_7_and_windows_server_2008_r2_sp1_x86_x64_dvd_619642.iso

Date Published (UTC): 2/16/2011 9:14:42 AM Last Updated (UTC): 2/16/2011 9:14:42 AM

SHA1: F2ABA1102E18EAD08C78527AB422C09AB7D1F54C ISO/CRC: B07748AE

Anyone know where we can safely get a Windows 7 64 Bit with SP1 slipstreamed into a ISO?

Thanks

The ISO's are on technet and msdn now... I'm sure someone will upload them and post them some where along with the Service pack itself.

Can anyone with a Technet or MSDN upload it somewhere and post it a link? It's official now so posting a link to it should be fine.

No, if you want it an integrated ISO either wait for the SP1 standalone installer to appear on the Microsoft Download Centre and make it yourself or look elsewhere like on a torrent site but I won't help you.

Why should I pay for access and give the images away?

Could someone confirm 7601.17514.101119-1850_x64fre_client_en-us_Retail_Professional-GRMCPR.iso (Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1 Retail) is on MSDN/Technet and has either:

SHA-1: 5ED2584110E03F498DB4458BA9FAFD5A7EF602ED

MD5: 338F3245D68527DB47B8A44E55317D0A

Thanks

No, if you want it an integrated ISO either wait for the SP1 standalone installer to appear on the Microsoft Download Centre and make it yourself or look elsewhere like on a torrent site but I won't help you.

Why should I pay for access and give the images away?

wow... ok - don't give anything away, I'm sure someone else will and openly. If you don't wish to help why post like your a savior of all...some never cease to amaze me.

what version and platform?? there are tons of release so be specific.

PM me. I will send you the link

I'm sure someone else will and openly.

you really think someone is going to be uploading 3gb files for everybody and his dog to download? i don't think so.

besides, you can just google the sha1 hashes.

you really think someone is going to be uploading 3gb files for everybody and his dog to download? i don't think so.

my friend, you'd be surprised

torrents of the new iso's are probably already being created and uploaded as we speak

what version and platform?? there are tons of release so be specific.

PM me. I will send you the link

Yeah I guess I should have been more specific... I think posting the service pack for 32 and 64bit is plenty for here. I can get the full ISO's I need later if I get around to renewing my technet account.

Got to love all the none techies jumping on the bandwagon asking about things they don't understand and don't really care about just to get their hands on the latest code. If you don't subscribe to Technet you don't deserve to have it yet.

Well i'm pretty sure these are the same as before but guess we'll see once people have them downloaded and do bit for bit comparisons.

wow... ok - don't give anything away, I'm sure someone else will and openly. If you don't wish to help why post like your a savior of all...some never cease to amaze me.

Well, do you know what Microsoft TechNet Plus even is and now much it costs? If you look it up you will know why I refuse to help. Why should I pay £200 a year to just give the stuff away? There is a principle to it.

Got to love all the none techies jumping on the bandwagon asking about things they don't understand and don't really care about just to get their hands on the latest code. If you don't subscribe to Technet you don't deserve to have it yet.

Aye, I agree !

besides, you can just google the sha1 hashes.

Really? :) that happens everyday by the second, and its not 3gb files its double or 10 times the size of that :) hosting sites, never heard?

No bandwagon here.. I'm sitting here with 2 laptops with win7 I'm working on for a few people and I'd like to return it before the weekend with it fully updated ..the service pack is no big deal and asking for it is NO BIG DEAL. I used to be a subscriber but ya know hard times are hard times here lately so I had to let it go.

Well, do you know what Microsoft TechNet Plus even is and now much it costs? If you look it up you will know why I refuse to help. Why should I pay ?200 a year to just give the stuff away? There is a principle to it.

Aye, I agree !

Yeah I know exactly how much it costs... have had it before but that's fine if you refuse then why post saying you refuse to start some argument. Let it and your principle go ok. Jesus!!