Stratiform for Firefox

How is everyone's startup time with Stratiform installed, is it about the same? I tried to make all the functions except the prefs execute after Firefox was fully open. If you're on Firefox 5+ you set 'extensions.stratiform.JustTheBasics' to true to disable everything but the preferences from loading on startup.

Oh man this new version is fun to mess around with! The best addition is the Background Image for the buttons........

I don't think we will be adding Chromelike icons because they're larger than the 18px and we would need large buttons to make it look right. A random button would be really cool haha.

That was the original plan. Stratiform kinda evolved a bit more than that and Ben(SpewBoy) didn't really code the other styles yet. Most of the buttons are bit more complex than the current ones in Firefox 4+. My 'Untitled' style was actually my attempt at creating such a button, but it didn't quite come out right.

Hi, first congratulations, new version is awesome, run smooth and without problems on Aurora and Nightly (latest as possible) good job ;)

I've only one simple question, is there way to get back default extensions buttons, I need my No Script button as it was by default :D

We just added that option right now. Originally it was planned for beta1, but we completely forgot about it. Anyways it will be included in beta2.

Just want to point out a theme discrepancy in Firefox 5.

Firefox 5+'s URL bar dropdown icon is now a small icon like in IE9. The one that Stratiform has as the default is still the huge one from Firefox 4. Screenshots as below.screenshotgcf.png

Might want to take a look into either (a) adding a Firefox 5 default theme or (b) making default really use the current Firefox theme's options.

I used to use this, and I tried the latest beta. However, I just love Flow better :p

-In the latest Nightly and Firefox 4, none of the changes take place instantly anymore, they require a program restart

-Tabs are often chopped in half.

I'm having the very same problem. Weird. Using latest Firefox 5.

An option to make the tab-overflow buttons look like tabs would be cool as well.

I'm not an Firefox theme expert, is there a document that tells you the names of all the UI elements that you can style in Stylish?

Using the Opera-esque Address bar, Favicons are no longer displayed on HTTPS, an ugly lock icon is displayed... do you think you could use the favicon instead?

I already use this script to add a much impoved lock icon

http://userstyles.org/styles/40252/firefox-4-lock-icon-for-secure-sites

Opera does not display the favicon by default, at least that's how I see it on Opera Next.

Also, I found this one: When logging in to facebook with the addon bar disabled, the small chat windows on the bottom of the page was elevated (as if it's assuming that the addon bar is enabled). I only fix it by enabling then disabling the addon bar again. Anyone else experiencing it?

Opera does not display the favicon by default, at least that's how I see it on Opera Next.

Awww really? That sucks :(

I really liked the look of the opera indentifier with Favicons too...

1.2b2

Change log:

• IE9 styles removed. See here for an explanation.
  • Re-added Chromelike buttons
  • Added an option to disable custom extension icons
  • Fixes for S40/S50 tabs
  • Improved support for higher DPIs
  • Other misc fixes

Download

• Like 2

1.2b2

Change log:

Download

I love the Chrome esque buttons! Will you be including Google Chrome styled tabs?

Will the search bar be getting some attention soon? Such as options to style the magnifying glass icon? How about when selecting the Operaesque text field option, it makes the Search Bar text field look like the Opera Search Bar as well?

IE9 styles removed. See here for an explanation.

I suppose that's ok if it helps reducing bugs and maintain functionality.

I will stay with 1.2b1 for now, though. Thanks for the efforts. Hoping for FoxE9 :)

Also, I found this one: When logging in to facebook with the addon bar disabled, the small chat windows on the bottom of the page was elevated (as if it's assuming that the addon bar is enabled). I only fix it by enabling then disabling the addon bar again. Anyone else experiencing it?

Are you using any userscript?

Are you using any userscript?

No sir, and it's the only addon on that profile. I noticed that it always happen when I fire up nightly (not just facebook). Here's the screenshot (the white bar is what I'm talking about):

post-372806-0-24105000-1307757644.png

In Strata40, there was an option where you can change the style of the Firefox tab. Will you be adding a feature where you can change the look of the Firefox tab instead of just adjusting the color?

i personally think this is one of the best, IF NOT the best addon for firefox ever. from the sheer amount of options, ease of use, and the very well done and clean layout, I couldn't possibly ask for more. keep up the awesome work!

In Strata40, there was an option where you can change the style of the Firefox tab. Will you be adding a feature where you can change the look of the Firefox tab instead of just adjusting the color?

We will be adding some more options for the application button. When we add Soft7 there will be a style for that, we may end up adding more at the same time. I may look back at some of the older mockups to get some ideas.

i personally think this is one of the best, IF NOT the best addon for firefox ever. from the sheer amount of options, ease of use, and the very well done and clean layout, I couldn't possibly ask for more. keep up the awesome work!

This looks awesome! :p

I have downloaded it and testing it now.

Thanks guys really glad you like it.