LG Optimus Android!just bought

I have been with Virgin Mobile for about a year now and for me they have be great for the price that I pay. $25.00 a month and I get Unlimited texts, Unlimited web, & 300 anytime minutes. The 300 Minutes is the downfall but I have never gone over. Another drawback was that they just did not have any cool phones. Well all has changed! They now have two Android phones, Samsung Intercept and the LG Optimums. I purchased the LG Optimums A. I got it cheap through work B. It had better reviews that the Samsung Intercept and C well Android!!

It has been day one now and of course on the first day I used the battery to its extent. I spent about 6 hours playing around with apps here is my list of Android apps I installed.

1. Facebook

2. Gmail Android app

3. Skype

4. Bank Of America Mobile Banking App

5. Foursquare

6. Opera Mini

7. Google Voice

6. Google Reader

7. Twitter

8.Wikinvest for my stocks

9. Google Latitiude GPS

10. NY TImes

11.Youtube

12.UPS

13. Barcode Scanner

14.Google Goggles

15. Speed Test

16. Paypal

17.Ing Direct

18.Mint.com

These are in no order but pretty much all the apps I have installed and found to be very helpfull!

• 1 month later...

Any reviews / experience with the LG Optimus? I'm considering getting this model for about 20 PC Techs. It would be a huge upgrade from their current cheap, crappy Motorola flip-phone.

Which Optimus? There's a few models around.

I've got the GT540, first gen Optimus, IIRC. It's an awesome little sucker, for its price ($40 unlocked, on a $0 plan). I get > 2 days of juice when doing a couple hours of browsing and ~5 calls a day.