Windows 7 SP1

For me having SP1 images of Win7 makes my job easier when installing Win7 as i don't have to install loads of updates upon install. Something i wish Microsoft would do with WinXP, just one last SP to roll up the last big batch of updates (i understand their will be some more until 2014).

As much as I hate XP, yes when end of support is reached, a complete rollup package with all the updates should be released to slipstream to the RTM image.

- headphone jack not detected/swapped when inserted

Driver problem on your nonamed sound card and/or bad installation done by you.

- automatic reboots without notification, after 3AM patches I don't want to automatically install, are applied.

reado.png

Sometimes I wishy Clippy was back for people like this....

i cant even get it to install stand alone or via windows update. I am getting the error message that system components are missing and that I probably used a third party tool to customize the windows 7 install (nlite/vlite). What makes this troublesome to me is that I never used any of those utilities, the disc came straight from Microsoft, and I have yet to have any other updates have this issue. I ran the update readiness tool for feb 2011 and it found a hotfix. Tried to install sp1 again and it fails with same error. Microsoft's only work-a-round is reinstall windows which I am not about to do.

i cant even get it to install stand alone or via windows update. I am getting the error message that system components are missing and that I probably used a third party tool to customize the windows 7 install (nlite/vlite). What makes this troublesome to me is that I never used any of those utilities, the disc came straight from Microsoft, and I have yet to have any other updates have this issue. I ran the update readiness tool for feb 2011 and it found a hotfix. Tried to install sp1 again and it fails with same error. Microsoft's only work-a-round is reinstall windows which I am not about to do.

Run in cmd as admin:

sfc /scannow

lol! and there is the perfect example of the 'Placebo' effect :rolleyes:

Hey... if it works it works (or am I just thinking that) ;)

O yeah, I remember: pla... ce... bo...

"Feels snappier!" Herpity-derp.

In all seriousness, though, it installed just fine and within a matter of minutes. One reboot, no "stages". 87MB total.

"Feels snappier!" Herpity-derp.

In all seriousness, though, it installed just fine and within a matter of minutes. One reboot, no "stages". 87MB total.

Same, exact same - 87Mb :D

w7sp1.png

I've noticed that my Windows Experience Index score for gaming graphics and for my processor both went up .1 points. Start up time doesn't seem noticeably different.

I noticed that I've rarely gone above 2GB of memory usage since I've installed it which is strange since I have 12GB of RAM. Just browsing the Internet I seem to be averaging only 1.7GB being used.

I just ran the full iso, so no Windows Update. Glad that more people are having the placebo-effect of 'snappiness' ;)
It's probably not much as an placebo as you think. If you think about it, old os + crap of stuff installed vs plain new os, then obviously the latter will feel snappy.

I noticed that I've rarely gone above 2GB of memory usage since I've installed it which is strange since I have 12GB of RAM. Just browsing the Internet I seem to be averaging only 1.7GB being used.

Out of curiosity, what was it before?

Ill ask again is the version today different than the RTM build that was leaked? I need to know because i downloaded an RTM splitstream iso for my new rig.

Also can you still use the uxtheme patch?

Ill ask again is the version today different than the RTM build that was leaked? I need to know because i downloaded an RTM splitstream iso for my new rig.

Also can you still use the uxtheme patch?

If you're referring to

ZWiTISO or WZOR

, then yes and yes.

If you're referring to

ZWiTISO or WZOR

, then yes and yes.

are you sure becuase i was told the RTM build number was the same as today's release? what can you use to splitstream sp1 with a windows 7 iso then?

I installed it and unistalled it, I have a laptop with a I-7 and 8 gigs of Ram, tons of SPEED, after SP1 slow boot, and everything was SLOW, I know Superfetch has to gear up, but after multi-reboots and also more processes running that were there after SP1 was added. I took it off. I'm sure Microsoft will release a patch to address the Bootup and where your speed went. Nothing with a I-7 CPU or 8 gigs should be SLOW.

Reminds me of when XPSP1 came out slowed XP down like crazy then XPSP2 came out and everything came back.

I might should just install it again and let it sit and run all day???

I work on servers including Win 2008R2 ones and were already going to be holding off running this update till they fix that and we got like about 250 of them. :(

Ok updated through Windows Update. I had patched uxtheme earlier and after the update only themeui.dll, explorerframe & explorer seems to be overwritten. Can somebody tell the post SP1 build numbers for the following files so that I can verify I've latest version.

uxtheme.dll, themeui.dll, themeservice.dll, shsvcs.dll

My build no.s are:

shsvcs.dll - 6.1.7601.17514

themeservice.dll - 6.1.7600.16385

themeui.dll - 6.1.7601.17514

uxtheme.dll - 6.1.7600.16385

Also I've many other dlls & exes in this System32 folder with the build no 6.1.7600.16385. Is this normal?

I updated yesterday through windows update both my PCs. (Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit). Today, to my suprise I noticed that in one of them the "Test Mode Windows 7 Bulid 7601" appeared to the bottom right corner.

How can this happen? I didn't install any beta and as I mentioned above I got SP1 through Windows Update. Has anybody a clue on why it appeared all of the sudden and how to remove it?

I updated yesterday through windows update both my PCs. (Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit). Today, to my suprise I noticed that in one of them the "Test Mode Windows 7 Bulid 7601" appeared to the bottom right corner.

How can this happen? I didn't install any beta and as I mentioned above I got SP1 through Windows Update. Has anybody a clue on why it appeared all of the sudden and how to remove it?

Never mind that

I did

bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING OFF

and the watermark is gone. Thing is I don't remember I disabled integrity check and I don't have any non signed driver installed on my system.

Life is full of surprises :)