Windows XP Desktop ideas

hey, im always looking to make my desktop look better by adding ease to get to apps/folders and cool look. Plz give me some more ideas by replying with screenshots of ur XP desktops or ideas for ways to make it better. Ive tried lotsa things and gotten lotsa ideas from screenshots. Plz help if u have something cool about ur desktop.

First i have a 4 gig drive just for OS and temp folder. Then I use three top toolbars that i have premade on my d drive. The first thing i do after reformating is i load the toolbar up and bing access to all my drives , programs and utilities. I also keep my program file folder on my d drive so that i do not need to install my programs most of them work(adobe, macromedia things like this work great) I suggest trying this as i can reformat ad have my computer set back up in a matter of about 60 minutes.

First i have a 4 gig drive just for OS and temp folder. Then I use three top toolbars that i have premade on my d drive. The first thing i do after reformating is i load the toolbar up and bing access to all my drives , programs and utilities. I also keep my program file folder on my d drive so that i do not need to install my programs most of them work(adobe, macromedia things like this work great) I suggest trying this as i can reformat ad have my computer set back up in a matter of about 60 minutes.

First i have a 4 gig drive just for OS and temp folder. Then I use three top toolbars that i have premade on my d drive. The first thing i do after reformating is i load the toolbar up and bing access to all my drives , programs and utilities. I also keep my program file folder on my d drive so that i do not need to install my programs most of them work(adobe, macromedia things like this work great) I suggest trying this as i cn reformat ad have my computer set back up in a matter of about 60 minutes.

yea, that would be really slick looking and i would easily do it if they would have the bar at the top HAVE THE SAME THEME AS UR START BAR. WHY DID THEY LEAVE IT TO LOOK LIKE WIN2k/98/ME/NT, that makes it look terrible compared to how nice it would look if it looked like the XP blue theme

I try and avoid cluster. I have Trillian [www.trillian.cc] on the right, docked onto my desktop, and I have my start bar at the bottom [set on auto-hide].

I try and avoid cluster as I only have a screen res of 1024x768... if I had a res of 1600+ then I'd have toolbars, etc, covering most of my desktop. But I don't... :(

-mortensenj

here is where auto-hide becomes a very wonderful feature cause you only need to look at the toolbar when you are accessing it. Otherwise you don't see it or my bottom one at that.