TV to Tank

I'm half way through converting an old CRT TV into a fish tank.

Aside from the expected problems I'd like to be able to record a jingle onto something and use the speaker (or any small speaker) to play the sound when the tv's on switch is pushed.

Any ideas on this one? The solution needs to be cheap as well, <£10 would be prefereable. Sound quality doesn't have to be BOSE. :p

*Edit*

I've found this, would this be capable of being triggered by one of the tv buttons?

I'm half way through converting an old CRT TV into a fish tank.

Aside from the expected problems I'd like to be able to record a jingle onto something and use the speaker (or any small speaker) to play the sound when the tv's on switch is pushed.

Any ideas on this one? The solution needs to be cheap as well, <£10 would be prefereable. Sound quality doesn't have to be BOSE. :p

*Edit*

I've found this, would this be capable of being triggered by one of the tv buttons?

AFAIK it's just a simple case of replacing the button on the kit with the TV's switch.

I think by looking at the back of the TV control switch I would have to extend the back of the TV button to extend and press the button on the circuit. I don't know how I'd keep it in place and accurate though. Be nice to wire the button in somehow.

I think by looking at the back of the TV control switch I would have to extend the back of the TV button to extend and press the button on the circuit. I don't know how I'd keep it in place and accurate though. Be nice to wire the button in somehow.

Well that's simple just unsolder the button off of the kit each contact should me marked then solder the TV button's wires onto the contacts.