Windows 7 is super snappy after SP1

for those who claim windows 7 sp1 is faster did you do a clean install with sp1 intergrated or install windows 7 RTM build over first and than applied sp1 or what?

No difference here. However, after installing SP1 and running disk cleanup to delete the old system files that SP1 replaced, I ended up saving more space than the SP1 used.

e.g. I had 17.7 GB free before SP1 install, 15.7 GB free after SP1 install, now 18.6 GB free after SP1 install and disk cleanup

boot up is a bit slower but explorer seems a bit quicker...i had 930mb's of backup, but i deleted that today feeling it was secure enough to get rid of...wonder if SP2 is in the works...not that's it's necessary because 7 blew my mind compared to the pc i bought when vista was first released (unpolished...imho) my horniness for Windows 8 is growing though... :laugh:

Honestly, I can't tell the difference on either my desktop or my netbook, which are two different ends of the spectrum in terms of power - one being fast and the other being slower (well decent for a netbook). It must be a placebo effect.

it's smoother, snappier, however; I got best results by downloading the ISO, which includes both 32 and 64 Bits, and performed a clean install, right after I did the SP1 install with the cd, I was n't happy that it took quite long but it was worth it, after I installed windows updates, only then installed Video drivers and all other drivers. The first time I tried from windows updates, it was giving me problems with ATI drivers, and webcam software. Now it all works perfectly and it does run smooth...

Win 7 64 bits

8G RAM

Asus M4A89 GTD PRO/USB 3.0 Mobo

SSD 64G HDD (OS drive)

WD Rapto 150GB HDD

AMD Phenom II 1050T 6 core running @ 4.1GHz

Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 CPU Cooler

ANTEC Nine Hundred Advanced and Antec 750 Watts PSU

Some of my WEI scores actually improved after installing Service pack 1, nothing major, but both my GPU scores went from 7.0 to 7.1 and my ram went from 7.3 to 7.4, Don't notice any speed improvements though.

Personally-- It boots maybe 10 seconds slower... and shut down is like 20 seconds longer-

Though did anyone else notice that WMP gave me it's setup screen again.

Strange....

Though I think a lot of this Service Pack was reliability updates and some bug-fixes... Though hopefully by SP2 they will work on speed as well as security.

My system actually got slower, takes about 20 seconds longer to boot up and the computer freezes when woken up from sleep mode. I already sent Microsoft a report and my Win 7 Ultimate 64 was only installed clean last week.

I didn't notice any speed differences with the install of SP1. It will be nice though for some of my colleagues for creating new images.

Just make sure you run this command (in CMD) after installing SP1, otherwise you will have about 3GB of windows backup files left over after your install.

dism /online /cleanup-image /spsuperseded