Gears of War 3 landing Sept 20, 2011

TDM needs a work around, 1 person on the team shouldn't be able to get 9 out of 15 lives

I think it's a good idea. It's Team Death Match. If one person on your team sucks, then the rest of the team has to work extra hard to make up for it.

I think it's a good idea. It's Team Death Match. If one person on your team sucks, then the rest of the team has to work extra hard to make up for it.

Agreed. The only problem I've been running into is idlers. In Warzone, if someone idled, it'd just make you one man down, no big deal. Here, I've seen one idler take up 6 of our 15 spawns (!). I had a game where three people on my team idled, too, which was infuriating -- it really ruins the game.

I'm not sure how Epic is handling it, because I saw one guy just standing there the entire match (two rounds) and never saw him get kicked so I quit as soon as the next match started. In another game, though, the guy must've made sure to rubberband his control stick or something, because his character ran around in circles all game. I'm guessing they're doing it for the potential XP they get if our team wins the match (and they don't have to play). Really annoying.

Other than that, though, this seems like it'll easily be one of the best multiplayer experiences around.

I'm guessing they're doing it for the potential XP they get if our team wins the match (and they don't have to play). Really annoying.

They're probably Thrashball Cole farming.

They're probably Thrashball Cole farming.

Ah, didn't think about that. You're probably right. I hope the same trend doesn't exist in the retail release, or Epic does something about it.

FIX THE ****ING IDLING PROBLEM, EPIC

FFS.

This is beginning to **** me off too. Just been playing KotH and two of my team members were idle for the whole match.

Epic has completely ruined KOTH as far as I'm concerned. What the hell happened to not being able to respond when you're holding a control point? What the hell is with this new spawn system that seemingly always spawns me at the furthest place away from the point, as well as always by enemies. I do not get it. Why would you try to fix something that's not broke?

anyone got a spare code? im trying all the competitions that i find but not havin much luck, thought i'd ask, might be worth a shot :)

This is beginning to **** me off too. Just been playing KotH and two of my team members were idle for the whole match.

actually someone can't be idle in gears 3. the player will be kicked out if his character does not move for few minutes. this is in PUBLIC, on ranked i have no idea if its the same

actually someone can't be idle in gears 3. the player will be kicked out if his character does not move for few minutes. this is in PUBLIC, on ranked i have no idea if its the same

As I already stated, they run in circles. They probably just tied a rubber band to one of the sticks or something.

Some many idiots playing KotH just running about for the kills, completely ignoring the objective. And yes Ayepecks, they've completely ****ed the spawn system.

Man I really need to improve my shotgun skills. :no:

has GOW1 shotgun been brought back? or is it still as crappy as in GOW2?

has GOW1 shotgun been brought back? or is it still as crappy as in GOW2?

I don't recall the shotgun ever being "crappy" :blink: It's always been the primary multiplayer weapon. If you're a shotgun ######, then you'll love Gears 3. The sawed off shotgun is annoying as ****. It'll be the main newbie weapon, as it takes almost no skill at all.

I don't recall the shotgun ever being "crappy" :blink: It's always been the primary multiplayer weapon. If you're a shotgun ######, then you'll love Gears 3. The sawed off shotgun is annoying as ****. It'll be the main newbie weapon, as it takes almost no skill at all.

Yeah, unfortunately screwing up with it is death. I think the shotgun is exactly as it was in Gears 1. In Gears 2 it seemed to have some awkward functionality to it. I also really like the fact that almost every weapon in the game is obscenely powerful if used properly which makes every gun in the game get used. I still have yet to use the torque bow (my personal favorite weapon). Everyone else seems to get to it first and it is rarely actually on the map in the first place.

Only been playing for a couple of days (well, about 22 hours in total but still...) and got my Thrashball Cole and gold retro lancer unlocked in retail :) I love this game. Most things are pretty well balanced regardless of all the complaining on the official forums. I've got a fair few MVP medals although they're becoming less frequent as people start to get better.

The only thing I think should be nerfed is the Digger Launcher. Perhaps only give it two rounds instead of three or reduce the range. I hate weapons that take zero skill to use. The sawed off shotgun needs to be used carefully since it's only one shot. The long reload time and the short window you have to get a perfect active reload makes it a mission to survive if you miss, especially if you're up against a Gnasher.