Sony Raids Hacker's Home; Hacker Shares All Known HV Info

Graf_chokolo, a prominent ps3 hacker, has had his personal home raided by German police.

Graf_chokolo, who has contributed countless things to the PS3 scene, had his private home raided by police this morning. They confiscated all of his "accounts" and anything related to PS3 hacking. Some of you may remember that graf_chokolo promised if he was pushed, that he would release all of his PS3 hypervisor knowledge to the world. He kept good on this promise releasing what is being dubbed as the Hypervisor Bible. "The uploaded files contains his database which is a series of tools for the PS3′s Hypervisor and Hypervisor processes. It will help other devs to reverse engineer the hypervisor of PS3 further."

I don’t know how to say this but graf_chokolo, the man who contributed a lot to the scene has recently been caught off by Sony and the Police. They went to his house to grab all his accounts and stuff, yeah could be anything related to his findings on the PS3 security.
Guys, SONY was today at my home with police and got all my stuff and accounts. So be careful from now on.
He keep his promised though by releasing all his knowledge on the HV reversing. The uploaded files contains his database which is a series of tools for the PS3′s Hypervisor and Hypervisor processes. It will help other devs to reverse engineer the hypervisor of PS3 further.

Source

Here is a link to Graf_chokolo's original message to Sony:

January 29, 2011 at 8:05 am

If SONY will continue like this i will upload my IDA database for HV and HV procs :-)

Sony have shot themselves in their foot here, by their careless use of aggressive litigation. Now this guy has released tools that will make it easier for every hacker who is interested to hack the PS3

. Now this guy has released tools that will make it easier for every hacker who is interested to hack the PS3

They will destroy his life as they will finish off Geohot - and they both deserve it.

Hopefully Sony will sue and drain these guys to the point where they have barely enough money to eat and have to beg on the street.

Sony have shot themselves in their foot here, by their careless use of aggressive litigation. Now this guy has released tools that will make it easier for every hacker who is interested to hack the PS3

Sony didn't shoot themselves in the foot. The retard "hackers" shot everyone who owns a PS3 in the foot and are laughing in their faces.

They will destroy his life as they will finish off Geohot - and they both deserve it.

Hopefully Sony will sue and drain these guys to the point where they have barely enough money to eat and have to beg on the street.

Freaking narcs what kicks does Sony get sending in people to look at peoples replies? No he doesnt deserve that, you are really retarted all of this for a game console?

am I the only one Pre-Reading this thing that said: HIV info? I was trying to figure out what sony raiding a hackers house had to do with Info regarding HIV.

So Sony should have caved to blackmail?

Sony didn't shoot themselves in the foot. The retard "hackers" shot everyone who owns a PS3 in the foot and are laughing in their faces.

This. Screw them and I hope Sony runs them into the ground and lower for it.

As a system, the PS3 is pretty much screwed now, because of the fact that hackers can access everything at this point. As there is no anti-cheat system enabled for online games, there really isn't any point playing on PSN now.

Freaking narcs what kicks does Sony get sending in people to look at peoples replies? No he doesnt deserve that, you are really retarted all of this for a game console?

Corporate shills for you.

Sorry, but you may be unable to even fathom the whole picture of what is happening. But until you have even a glimpse of it, please stay out of the debate. This is not about just a console, it is about a companies stack in staying in business and hopefully not losing out on what could be some odd almost billion of dollars to be made. But hell, most people here couldn't even imagine what it would be like to have 1 million dollars no less lose it all to some punks who back engy everything.

As a system, the PS3 is pretty much screwed now, because of the fact that hackers can access everything at this point. As there is no anti-cheat system enabled for online games, there really isn't any point playing on PSN now.

It's free, how is there no point? Not all people will hack, and when you can make your own games for friends to join, you have nothing to worry about.

For all the guys suggesting Sony should ruing the aforementioned lives should find something better to do (ie, go buy a goat or something) ...

while I do not agree with ruining everyone's experience online, I do believe if I buy something it is MINE and not the companie's .... go figure, I guy a car, change the engine and the company reposes the damn thing because I changed something .... no, it is mine, if a drive it down a clift is my own choosing ...

so, i hope these guys get together and fight ... fight until the world will know their names for 100 years

This. This is why these dumbass "hackers" need to get everything they have coming to them. Lots of people paid LOTS of money for a PS3 and now they're getting screwed over by some retarded "look at me, im entitled to hack PS3 cuz i should be allowed" hackers..

Now people can't really play online without worry. Why should people worry if they're going to be hacked or not? Why should they have the fun of playing online stripped away from them just because some guy wants to cheat to win?

F*** all these whiny bitch hackers.

For all the guys suggesting Sony should ruing the aforementioned lives should find something better to do (ie, go buy a goat or something) ...

while I do not agree with ruining everyone's experience online, I do believe if I buy something it is MINE and not the companie's .... go figure, I guy a car, change the engine and the company reposes the damn thing because I changed something .... no, it is mine, if a drive it down a clift is my own choosing ...

so, i hope these guys get together and fight ... fight until the world will know their names for 100 years

BUT YOU'RE DISENFRANCHISING A WONDERFUL COMPANY herp de derp!

This. This is why these dumbass "hackers" need to get everything they have coming to them. Lots of people paid LOTS of money for a PS3 and now they're getting screwed over by some retarded "look at me, im entitled to hack PS3 cuz i should be allowed" hackers..

Now people can't really play online without worry. Why should people worry if they're going to be hacked or not? Why should they have the fun of playing online stripped away from them just because some guy wants to cheat to win?

They are also getting screwed over by sony's awful attempts to lock their platform down. If this kind of thing happened in a bank, people would be having their guts for garters if they where this insecure.

Half of zero is still zero. You can sue me for 10 Million dollars, don't think you will get it though. I honestly do not think these guys are wealthy individuals. All Sony has done is angered the community, the community that now has the tools to bring the PS3 to a grinding halt and pretty much ruin its future.

Sorry, but you may be unable to even fathom the whole picture of what is happening. But until you have even a glimpse of it, please stay out of the debate. This is not about just a console, it is about a companies stack in staying in business and hopefully not losing out on what could be some odd almost billion of dollars to be made. But hell, most people here couldn't even imagine what it would be like to have 1 million dollars no less lose it all to some punks who back engy everything.

It's free, how is there no point? Not all people will hack, and when you can make your own games for friends to join, you have nothing to worry about.

Because every game will have hacked servers/hacking players. Detracts from the fun. Yes you can make private matches but that's not really the point of matchmaking.

This is really disappointing.. I really hope that these newly released 'hacks' do not effect my online experience.

So far I have not had to deal with anything that I would consider a reason to back off of their system. But if the cheating and other crap becomes an everyday occurrence and sony can not control it. I'll have no choice but to leave their platform.

Yeah just a gaming console which makes so much money that it's worth doing that. But you'd never understand.

go figure, I guy a car, change the engine and the company reposes the damn thing because I changed something .... no, it is mine, if a drive it down a clift is my own choosing ...

No one is ever going to give a **** who these guys are in 100 years.

Also. Your car analogy fails. No one said you couldn't change the insides of the PS3. You can put ****ing gold fish inside your PS3 if you want.

It is only going to get worse, much worse. Before things were done for fun, the mob is growing angry and will really start smashing Sony, the tools are out there now and probably have gone viral. And what about hackers in countries like Palistine, China, Russia, Iran? Countries where Sony has no reach?

After all of the years it is in service, Xbox live still remains for the most part very secure.

Regardless of whether the corporate shills that heap scorn on hackers like it or not, Sony are equally to blame for their shoddy security.

There is a difference between being a "freedom fighter fighting the power" and just being an "ass to the masses". This falls on the latter. I'm sure they only people who want to see this happen are those who want to mod their consoles for free games anyway. Apparently, everyone has everyone has the right to anything they buy to do whatever they want. I bought this tractor, Ill dig wholes where ever I want on my property, even if I break all the water and gas lines going to everyone else... it's on my property and I bought it.... sorry, that logic only works for the stupid, as you can see by how stupid it sounds.

Your analogy is the worst. Geohot released the hack to the public he didn't keep that to himself. If you offer something to others that makes this car company lose billions of dollars then yes, they would take that life out of you.

After all of the years it is in service, Xbox live still remains for the most part very secure.

Regardless of whether the corporate shills that heap scorn on hackers like it or not, Sony are equally to blame for their shoddy security.

I think one of the main reasons is because Microsoft didn't embark on a smash campaign against the hackers. Just roll out an update once and awhile and brick all the hacked consoles and ban all the users. Simple. Sony is angering the mob and we all will suffer, Sony the most.