Mark Your Calendars -- The World Ends 5/21/2011

we are discussing something which are not are part of this topic better to be stop such topic here . Btw

if history says true then why we call "history " as history say it is future .

...what? History is what's already happened, and has nothing to do with the future...

History gives us evidence of future trends, not predictions. The end of the world is kind of a big deal, if it occured in history, I think we would know about it, right? So using that logic, if we realize that each time the "end" has been predicted and the date passes without incident, it leads us to believe that these predictions are nothing more than people who have deemed themselves important and are trying to influence others.

Oh, and of course, when the time comes and goes? OMG ITS MIRACLE GOD IS GIVING US MORE TIME YAAAAAAYYY. Pathetic.

and fact is something you KNOW to be true...

but having faith in something means to believe strongly... 

Yes, fact is something I know to be true, but what I don't know to be true doesn't suddenly mean that I have faith that it is true. I believe things to be false unless proven otherwise, that's the only way to live your life.

we are discussing something which are not are part of this topic better to be stop such topic here . Btw

History says ALL predictions of the world ending are false....thats the only truth that matters

Huh? I didn't understand that at all.

History is a look at our past. Historically people have made many references to the end of the World that was going to occur in their future. But their future is now our past, and the end of the World didn't happen. So while historically true (i.e. they made the predictions about the end of the World), the people that made the claims were wrong.

Huh? I didn't understand that at all.

History is a look at our past. Historically people have made many references to the end of the World that was going to occur in their future. But their future is now our past, and the end of the World didn't happen. So while historically true (i.e. they made the predictions about the end of the World), the people that made the claims were wrong.

I don't think you're going to get through to him. Once people step aboard the "faith train" there's little you can do to bring them back to the logic train.

As long as mankind is plagued with the "not a danger to themselves or others" mentally ill, we'll see this story come around year after year.

How about we all just stop reporting what is obviously and always garbage?

Yes, that seems to be the traditional religious copout; when confronted and proved logically wrong, back out and run away. :rolleyes:

said because debate on such thing went on such place where science or technology doesn't play any role .So you won't understand things which are not related to sci-tech , so how do i explain it . thatwhy i am pushing my hand back .

maybe you shouldnt create threads if you cant handle the response

i am handing yet even till last .

said because debate on such thing went on such place where science or technology doesn't play any role .So you won't understand things which are not related to sci-tech , so how do i explain it . thatwhy i am pushing my hand back .

i am handing yet even till last .

Wow. Did you really just generalize that since we're on a tech forum that I wouldn't understand anything about that which has nothign to do with tech?

You're both ignorant AND baselessly judgmental. I don't think you realize what sub-forum you're on right now, but then again, I think there's a lot that you don't realize.

No you created a thread about a prediction and asked what people thought about it. He isnt talking about technology, no one is. We are saying that this prediction, like everyone that came before it (and everyone that will come after) is and will end up being a dead prediction. History has shown us that those that make predictions are full of it, as none have ever come true. Again this isnt about technology at all.

I hope none of these hocus-pocus about Doomsday is not real. But it got to me somehow.

Around 23 years ago, I had a dream that I can never forget because the dream was telling me something that I can never understand what it really meant. The actual year was 1987 when I receive the vision. I was quite puzzled of it's hidden meaning. I try to keep it to myself and trying to figure out what it meant. One day I thought I share with one very close friend of mine to see if he can figure what it meant but I never figure out what it meant until one year ago.

One year ago, I stumble on a documentary about Nostradamus 2012. After watching to the part about the 3 solar eclipse, it hit me.

I awake in the middle of a desert-like place. For miles and miles as the eye can see, I cannot spot a single life nor trees. The hot searing heat scourged the landscape for miles and all I can see is the reflected heat that alter the field of views. The sky is somewhat dark but it is daytime. Just a couple feet away, there was one old man. White hair and white long beard that roles down about 6-12 inches. In real life, as a young boy, I would not talk much. But after I was up and saw him, I immediately asked him what had happened. My conversation with him is in a sense, telepathic. I didn't open my mouth to ask. The question was presented to him loud and clear as though I was talking to him normally. He replied, and again, through telepathic conversation. He pointed upward in a 45 degree angles. I looked at the direction of his line of sight. He said "until those 3 Suns merge (eclipsed in a sense), life renews." I am not sure of the exact words but I think the word "renew" is close enough as our conversation is telepathic. The word could have been "anew" or "renew". I watched as the three suns was slowly integrating as one. At the core where the 3 suns merge, I can see lights starts to shed more light onto the landscape. Slowly the land receive lights once again. After I woke up, I felt a relief that it was just only a dream. From that point on, that visions is etched in my mind for over 20 years.

After I watched Nostradamus 2012, I realize what it means. But the other part I am not sure what it mean is when he was telling me "life starts anew" or "life starts to renew". I do not know what that part mean yet.

Ahwell jesus can zap everyone to hell or heaven and i'll stick around firin' nukes and stuff to kill anything left over :laugh:

Most will happen is if we're lucky few comets/asteroids will fly by maybe a cool aurora over northern Canada and Europe will make cool tv/photography everyone will go 'sigh' apple releases iphone 6, windows 8 will finally ship and ubuntu meowing cat is announced... then we all dwell on what next to worry about... maybe another world war or something.

Generation FUD.

Just remember Y2k, bin laden, saddams chemical and nuclear weapons and countless other earth endangering FUD myths to psychologically dictate the populous of western countries. Man kind is more likely to kill itself off before the earth 'ends'

If you have never heard of Harold Camping before, then you have never heard of the date the world will end. According the 89 year old retired engineer and self proclaimed prophet-Jesus will return on May 21, 2011 to judge the world, and the world as we know it will come to an end. Per the Camping ministry, living in Hell or Heaven forever is as close as May 21, 2011, in accordance with to his calculation. Camping claims to have come into this knowledge supported by “his” biblical calender calculation founded on the scriptures which is confirmed by the foundation of the state of Israel in 1948.

The Associated Press caught of with one of Campings recruits, Marie Exley, a 32-year-old Army veteran who desires to start a family, but believes that she has no time to do so and therefore, she will spend the remaining months before the end, sending a stark warning across the US and overseas: “Judgment Day is almost here.” Ms. Exley believes in the May 21, 2011 judgement and has shown her loyalty to the Camping movement by leaving her home in Colorado Springs, Colo. to work with Oakland, Calif.-based Family Radio Worldwide independent Christian ministry.

According to the AP. “Exley is part of a movement of Christians loosely organized by radio broadcasts and websites, independent of churches and convinced by their reading of the Bible that the end of the world will begin May 21, 2011.To get the word out, they’re using billboards and bus stop benches, traveling caravans of RVs and volunteers passing out pamphlets on street corners. Cities from Bridgeport, Conn., to Little Rock, Ark., now have billboards with the ominous message, and mission groups are traveling through Latin America and Africa to spread the news outside the U.S.”

Since her move to California in August 2010 veteran Marie Exley has used her military experience in logistic organization to is organizing blocks of RVs carrying the message from city to city before she is deployed overseas again. These vehicles were scheduled to be in five North Carolina cities until January 2011. Exley states about her time away to serve: “I don’t really have plans to come back,” she said. “Time is short.”

As drastic has Marie has been about getting the announcement of the May 21, 2011 judgement date out, she is not alone. Some of Campings followers are carrying out this proclamation in more subtle ways. Raleigh, NC resident Allison Warden, 29 has been helping organize a campaign using billboards, post cards and other media in cities across the U.S. through a website named “We Can Know”. I visited http://www.wecanknow.com/ and found an arsenal of biblical text that is used to support this claim of the day of judgement Camping is proclaiming.

The Rapture

Camping states: “Beyond the shadow of a doubt, May 21 will be the date of the Rapture and the day of judgment.”

Although it is the most preached and believed sermon amongst Christians, the man made doctrine known as the “Rapture” is no where to found in the bible. It teaches that believers will be taken up (fly upwards) to heaven, while everyone else will remain on earth for a period of torment (the great tribulation), concluding with the end of time, which Camping preaches will happen in October 2011.

So what happens if his prediction does not come true? Well, Camping’s follower Warden has an answer for that too “If May 21 passes and I’m still here, that means I wasn’t saved. Does that mean God’s word is inaccurate or untrue? Not at all,” Warden said.

The belief that Christ will return to earth and bring an end to history, is documented in Bible with elaboration in such books as the book of Revelation, the last book in the New Testament. This is the fundamental believes if Christians since the first century Church. However, the date this will take place is not stated in the bible and very few churches are willing to set a date for the end of the world, Jesus’ himself states in the gospels of Mark and Matthew that no one will know the day or hour when the Lord will return. Paul, the Apostle speaks to the church on the comming of the Lord in the book of 1 Thessaloninans Chapters 4 and 5 and state in chapter 5 verse 2: “For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.”

So in all logic we know that since Paul likened the coming of the Lord to that of a burglar, how practical is it that the Lord would reveal to his Apostle that the day would be unannounced but later renege and give Camping the formula for the exact date?

Yahoo Press states, “predictions like Camping’s, though, aren’t new. One of the most famous in history was by the Baptist leader William Miller, who predicted the end for Oct. 22, 1844, which came to be known as the Great Disappointment among his followers, some of whom subsequently founded the Seventh Day Adventist church.”

According to Exley, who said her beliefs have estranged her from most of her friends and family. “If you still want to say we’re crazy, go ahead,” she said. “But it doesn’t hurt to look into it.”

source

This was on CNN a couple of months ago. This will not happen if it does I be surprise but it wont guys. These doomsday people want the world to end and make up dates and if they don't get it right they say oops we made a mistake and realize we got our dates wrong etc.Doomsday people have been doing this since a long time.This will not happen till two things pass and this is in the bIble if you do not believe me

1. One World Currency

2. One World Religion

Those two haven't happen yet and we are close of having one of them done but it may not happen for a few more years but there been talk about one world currency.

We are very far from One World Religion

God has said no one will know the date on earth only he knows not even Jesus knows.

Also the Antichrist has not shown himself but a lot of doomsday people believe its is Obama and President Bush neither of them are the antichrist.God said there be false prophets claiming stuff.

There is also suppose to be 7 etc more or less I forget the exact number of days or years of a contract of peace in the middle east between two parties I forget but it has to do with the antichrist and that hasn't even happen. I dont know if you guys believe in the famous prophets like Nostradamus who saids he couldn't see anything after the year 3039 and when god comes back or etc I forget this part but we get 1000 years of peace I think after the devil is thrown into the fire of the lake etc.So if Nostradamus si say he cant see anything after 3039 then the 1000 years of peace would begin 2039 and the 7 years of the devil reign be somewhere in the 2030s but I could be wrong and Nostradamus could be wrong too.We also have free will meaning we can put this doomsday off if people start to help each other and be nicer to each other and etc.

These people need to be pushed in front of a high speed train. "the surprise is just over here ..." :shifty:

at least this group is harmless so far unlike the ones picketing funerals

If the Rapture actually happened, and there were almost five months until Armageddon, those would be five awesome months. No amount of earthquakes, tornadoes, and asteroids could stop that party.