Summer Football Transfers (2011)

First Confirmed One!

563095649.jpg

Arsenal have bought another player from Barcelona's youth academy.

On Wednesday, the Spanish giants confirmed 16-year-old Jon Toral is set to follow the lead of Cesc Fabregas and join the Gunners next season.

Reports said the north London club paid £350,000 for midfielder Toral, who was free to sign with any team.

Toral came through Barcelona's La Masia ranks like Fabregas and fellow prospect Fran Merida, who were both signed by Arsenal as teenagers.

World Cup winner Fabregas is now captain at Arsenal and Merida is now with Atletico Madrid.

Arsenal also signed 18-year-old Ignasi Miquel from Barcelona in 2008, with the defender playing in Sunday's 1-1 FA Cup draw at Leyton Orient.

Toral reportedly has roots in Britain, where his mother is from.

The agent who engineered Toral's move is Pere Guardiola, brother of current Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola, who signed a one-year contract extension on Wednesday.

Guardiola has won eight trophies with the Catalan club, who lead arch rivals Real Madrid by five points in the chase for a third straight league title.

Should Guardiola see out the deal he will join Johan Cruyff, Jack Greenwell and Frank Rijkaard as the only coaches to have four consecutive seasons in charge at Barcelona.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/9405876.stm

• 3 weeks later...
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has reportedly reached an agreement in principle to sign Everton midfielder Jack Rodwell.

Rodwell, who came through the youth ranks at Goodison Park, has been a target for United since making his first-team breakthrough with the Toffees.

The Red Devils apparently failed with a ?15million bid for Rodwell in the January transfer window but an increased offer of around ?25million could clinch a deal in the summer.

Ferguson is looking to rebuild his midfield with the likes of veteran Paul Scholes nearing the end of his glittering career.

And the highly-rated Rodwell, 20, would fit the bill as a player with great potential who has his best days ahead of him.

http://www.teamtalk.com/premier-league/6809216/Red-Devils-close-in-on-Rodwell-deal

• 2 weeks later...

192291072.jpeg

Chelsea have agreed a pre-contract deal with Sao Paulo's Lucas Piazon but the attacking midfielder will not arrive at Stamford Bridge until January 2012.

Piazon, 17, cannot join until he turns 18 next January, meaning the transfer window in the same month is the earliest he can complete his move.

The Brazil youth international is "expected to join on a long-term deal", Chelsea said on Friday.

Chelsea have not disclosed the fee but reports have said it could reach ?10m.

Yet to play for Sao Paulo, Piazon is currently with the Brazil Under-17 side at the South American Championship in Ecuador, where Brazil have won two and lost one of their opening three group matches.

Piazon has so far scored twice, a winning goal against Venezuela and in Brazil's defeat by Paraguay.

He had been linked with a switch to Juventus before Chelsea made their move.

Former Liverpool goalkeeper Nikolay Mihaylov has claimed Pepe Reina has wanted to leave the club for "one or two years".

Bulgaria international Mihaylov, 22, was signed by the Reds in 2007 and loaned out to FC Twente in a bid to secure a work permit.

He has since joined Twente on a permanent deal but, as he has now become a regular for his country, he has claimed Liverpool retain an option to take him back to Anfield.

"Liverpool are a huge club," he told Darik Radio. "It wasn't possible to get a work visa when I went there but now there'll be no such problems because I'm playing regularly in the national team."

Asked about Liverpool's option to re-sign him, Mihaylov said: "I think it's absolutely real. The option was made when Rafa Benitez was in charge."

Mihaylov believes Liverpool will be in need of a new goalkeeper in the near future as Reina has a desire to return to his home country.

"I know from my agent Pepe Reina wants to go back to Spain," he said. "His desire dates back one or two years.

"It's not difficult to see this. I know him well - he's one of the best 'keepers in the world but his current form is not as it should be in a club like Liverpool."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/900328/ex-liverpool-%27keeper-nikolay-mihaylov-claims-pepe-reina-wants-out?cc=5901

On the french television show Canal Football Club, Pierre Menez, a well known journalist and usually well informed, said Hugo Lloris will leave Lyon at the end of the season. I konw Sir Alex Fergusson is a fan of the french goalkeeper, as I am, and I'm confident we can sign him.

Lloris was always the first choice, is the best of the four (with Neuer, De Gea and Mandanda).

I guess I don't rate lloris , as I don't watch many lyon games, but i wonder if adler is in the mix.

Nope he's not. Akinfeev maybe is, but playing in CSKA Moscow doesn't get him as much as exposure than the others young and very talented goalkeepers.

• 1 month later...
Nicklas Bendtner has requested a meeting with boss Arsene Wenger to discuss his future as an Arsenal player while revealing that his desired move would be to Barcelona.

The Denmark striker has persistently voiced his frustration at not playing every week for the Gunners this season.

Bendtner now wants to hear what Wenger has planned for his future at the club, and is keen to get assurances that he will play more regularly in his favoured position of centre forward.

"I need to have a talk with him (Wenger) because I'm not satisfied with playing on the right wing, which I've done more or less all season long," Bendtner told TV2.

"I'm concentrating on getting our Champions League place and then we'll do the evaluation at the end of the season.

"It's certainly not the best thing for me but it's not up to me and sometimes you have to adapt to what the manager says."

Bayern Munich are understood to be closely monitoring Bendtner's situation at the Emirates, and the Dane is all too aware of the Bundesliga giants' interest.

The striker has refused to comment on the speculation, but has revealed where he would like to be plying his trade.

He added: "I choose Barcelona. I've never had any idols in the football world but if I had a dream player to play with then it would be Xavi and [Andres] Iniesta."

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/10052011/58/premier-league-frustrated-bendtner-eyes-barca.html

he is an idiot(bendtner), hope wenger drops him and buys a decent strike partner for van persie.

Sahin to RM is interesting, not sure how he fits unless he is a sub. Most of the Dortmund players are 23 and under so expect a few more bids.

It has been officially confirmed that Borussia Dortmund midfielder Nuri Sahin has become Real Madrid?s first signing ahead of the 2011/12 season. The 22-year-old German-born Turkish international has been snapped up for around ?9m in spite of the German giants wanting double that amount.

Sahin, the youngest-ever player to have appeared in the Bundesliga, has signed a six-year deal and said at a press conference: ?Real Madrid is one of the greatest clubs in the world and this is a great step up in my career. It was impossible to say no to the club and its sporting project. The only way I would leave Dortmund is to go to a team capable of winning many titles, such as Madrid.?

http://www.adifferentleague.co.uk/p6_1_7574_la-liga-daily-real-madrid-confirm-sahin-deal-and-bielsa-linked-with-sevilla-post.html

Well, as much as it hurts to say this, the West Ham exodus will certainly take place this summer barring a complete miracle which I think is very unlikely...

Green

Upson

Parker

Noble

Ba

Hitzlsperger

Just to name a few! :(

Reading some articles on some transfers, Liverpool this break have to buy a couple of players, with one big signing and 1 or two small ones.

The main player they would have to buy is an LB. Coentrao, Cissokho(Lyon), Schmelzer(Dortmund).

At full strength they honestly don't need alot, a right winger like Hazard would be cool but Maxi has suddenly hit form.

Otherwise just a few more backup players.

Eden Hazard to Liverpool? You must be dreaming mate. ;)

De Gea has to decide on his future this week. Will he be at United next season or not? Personnaly I think he's too young to be our new n?1, and I prefer Hugo Lloris. He's stronger and has plenty of experience already with France and Lyon. And the press says he dreams of a move to Manchester.

Man, I don't know anything about the guy, how good he is or anything but I would LOVE to see a guy called Hazard playing in the EPL :p

one of the best young midfielders in Ligue one, waiting to go to a bigger club. I think arsenal are the front runners but would love him at liverpool.

I think Manchester United will sign Wesley Sneijder, Ashley Young and Martin Stekelenburg, and maybe another striker if they decide to offload Berbatov.

I think Manchester United will sign Wesley Sneijder(doubt it, they would probably have to trade a player, considering most of inter is aging), Ashley Young(no, they have valencia and nani) and Martin Stekelenburg( probably), and maybe another striker if they decide to offload Berbatov.

Barcelona are again set to lose one of their prized 'Cadet' players after Hector Bellerin confirmed he would not be staying with the Catalan giants.

The 16-year-old forward, who can also play on the wing, is ready to turn his back on Barca and will become the latest of their prospects to move to England.

And Arsenal have emerged as favourites to claim his signature, although there is major competition with Manchester United, Chelsea and Aston Villa all talking with him.

Whoever does land Bellerin will be due to pay just ?400,000 in training compensation.

Bellerin informed the club he would not be staying following on from team-mate Jon Miquel Toral Harper - who announced he would be joining Arsenal earlier in the season.

Barca are loathed to lose any talent, but they are being raided on an almost annual basis by Premier League clubs - with Arsenal the main culprits.

Before they landed Toral, they had already enjoyed plucking the likes of Fran Merida and most famously Cesc Fabregas from Barca.

United, who are also keen on Bellerin, have previously raided Barca's cadet ranks - they signed Gerard Pique as a teenager, before selling him back to them a few years later.

Bellerin is regarded as one of the best of the current generation along with Toral and Barca are understood to be fuming at losing them both.

However, they are managing to keep hold of goalkeeper Pol Balleste, Roger Riera and Sergi Samper who are seen as the other prized assets along with foreign recruits Maxi Rolon, from Argentina, and Cameroonian striker Jean Marie Dongou.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_6936745,00.html

Philippe Mexes has revealed that he snubbed the advances of Real Madrid in order to join AC Milan.

The France international has officially sealed a switch to Giuseppe Meazza, penning a four-year contract in the process.

He will depart current employers Roma at the end of the season, allowing him to take on a new challenge in Milan.

Mexes claims the Rossoneri were the only club capable of keeping him in Italy, following seven years in Rome.

He admits he was tempted to try his luck in a different country, as Real made their move, but believes he has joined a club capable of matching his ambitions.

"Only Roma or Milan could make me stay in Italy," Mexes told France Football.

"There was a chance that I could have left. I had contact from Real Madrid but I wanted to remain in Italy with Milan."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_6937337,00.html

Maarten Stekelenburg has confirmed he is considering a 'fantastic' offer to stay at Ajax, but accepts it would be 'insane' not to want to play for Manchester United.

Holland No.1 Stekelenburg has been mooted as a leading contender to replace compatriot Edwin van der Sar at Old Trafford next season when the 40-year-old retires.

Atletico Madrid's David De Gea is rumoured to be United's top target, but reports claim Van der Sar has recommended Stekelenburg as his successor.

Stekelenburg, who has also been linked with Schalke as a replacement for the Bayern Munich-bound Manuel Neuer, won the Eredivisie with Ajax at the weekend.

He has received an offer to stay with the newly-crowned Dutch champions, but also acknowledged the lure of playing for their Premier League counterparts United.

"There has been nothing else, zero. Maybe because I have been injured."

But he added: "Anybody who does not want to play for Manchester United would be insane."

Stekelenburg has one year left to run on his contract at the Amsterdam ArenA, but says he is in no rush to finalise his future as he waits to see if other offers materialise.

"I wanted to see how things develop," he said. "Nothing has happened, so I will talk with Ajax. I have had a fantastic time here and I have great respect for the board.

"I have always been treated very well. They have made a fantastic offer, and a second meeting is scheduled. But it has to do with whether anything else might come my way."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6937730,00.html