Waiting on the adventure update before I buy, I really need more gamey elements like those in terraria to feed my gaming needs. I know I'll just get bored building stuff.

Do you guys have any ideas on topics to include in videos? There are already so many how-to videos out there, does anybody have any ideas? I guess I can just record while I build something and play around in the server.

I agree dead.cell. I love the creativity aspect of Minecraft which Terraria seems to be severely lacking. I would rather have more creativity options than what Terraria seems to offer.

Minecraft Beta 1.7.3

Bug fixes, bug fixes and bug fixes.

- Corrected a block duplication bug when using pistons

- Corrected a redstone torch duplication bug when using pistons

- Corrected a client crash when placing a sign in front of the piston, powering the piston and then removing the block beneath the sign

- Ice blocks are now pushed without causing water streams breaking everything

- Booster rails are no longer being powered magically without a power source

- Pistons connected to the end of a piston-transistor via redstone are now properly closed when the power goes out

- Doors no longer create purple particles

- Hacking clients can no longer edit texts of placed signs in multiplayer

- Changed so that paintings pushed by pistons will pop off

Minecraft Beta 1.7.3

Bug fixes, bug fixes and bug fixes.

- Corrected a block duplication bug when using pistons

- Corrected a redstone torch duplication bug when using pistons

- Corrected a client crash when placing a sign in front of the piston, powering the piston and then removing the block beneath the sign

- Ice blocks are now pushed without causing water streams breaking everything

- Booster rails are no longer being powered magically without a power source

- Pistons connected to the end of a piston-transistor via redstone are now properly closed when the power goes out

- Doors no longer create purple particles

- Hacking clients can no longer edit texts of placed signs in multiplayer

- Changed so that paintings pushed by pistons will pop off

Good, those bugs with the pistons were a tad irritating when trying to build some goodies.

Posted by Notch on Google+:

We just released 1.7.3, fixing a few piston bugs. Who knew such a "minor" feature would have so many corner cases, eh? :D

Thankfully, we got a lot of testing help from the Bukkit team. Behind the scenes, we've been testing the "modding api" (which in reality is just the full source code behind a license saying you can only use it to make free stuff, and that everything you make based off that can only be playable by people who have bought Minecraft) with them, and it's going very well.

We need to do some website infrastructure to allow anyone to sign up, but things are progressing nicely.

Source

This explains why 1.7.3 took so long.

Does anyone else find watching people play minecraft more fun than actually playing it, like watching the yogscast? Everytime I watch one of their videos, I get the urge to play minecraft and I'll do so but get bored 15 minutes in...

Does anyone else find watching people play minecraft more fun than actually playing it, like watching the yogscast? Everytime I watch one of their videos, I get the urge to play minecraft and I'll do so but get bored 15 minutes in...

Yeah i get that some times so i mostly watch live casts on NicoNicoDouga.

Can someone recommend me a Minecraft server host. Only looking for 4-5 slots for now if the option to upgrade it down the road. Looking for something reliable and cheap :)

Can someone recommend me a Minecraft server host. Only looking for 4-5 slots for now if the option to upgrade it down the road. Looking for something reliable and cheap :)

Wow no one has any recommendations?

LOVED the yogscast of the survivor island... I couldnt get into the other series.. but that one had me watching it like a sitcom...

• 3 weeks later...

w00ts. now we just have to wait untill later this month for people to leak all sorts of photos of it being played at PAX (it being 1.8)

I finally jumped in after hearing and reading so much about it. And well, I'm now a happy miner :)

Hey everyone. Recently I have been inspired by YouTube users such as the Yogscast to do some adventure maps with a buddy or two and record my experience to upload. I was wondering if anybody would want to be that pal? I had a few real-life friends say they would but yeah...I am not willing to stay up until 4AM EST to do that. I can host it on my server (I am in Pennsylvania, so the closer the better ping wise). I realize not everybody wants to be recorded, but I think it will be a unique experience. I am going to try to follow the maps by their rules and not use any mods. I do keep Zombe Mod handy because sometimes maps get broken and you get stuck in areas (i.e. pistons not activating at the right time, etc.). So if anybody would like to join me, add me on Skype: TheCerebralPunk. :)