Getting a (free) Desire HD!

Hi All. I didn't realise that I was due for an upgrade but Voda called me this morning and offered me an upgrade. I was unprepared but after a quick chat I got a free Desire HD (I have to return my Samsung H1 and Nokia E71) on a 18mth contract. :)

Was that a good device to choose? I have 7 days to decide.

Also. I've had a quick look through the best apps list but am undecided as to what the best Sat Nav app is on Android so I ask your opinions. paid or free I don't mind. I was spoiled by the honestly awesome Free sat nav on my H1 and really need a replacement.

This also means i'll have to start Angry Birds all over again. :pinch:

Been using Co-Pilot since Window Mobile and still use it on Android :) Great Sat-Nav allows pressing on POI's and getting the phone number to dial direct through. Can also allow others to check your location via the web and send quick answer questions that go to your phone giving you multiple choice answers on big buttons.

The traffic updates and such are an extra cost too but I don't think it was too bad. Also gives you the ability for local fuel price checks too! Not always a pretty sight!

Don't forget that all Android phones actually come with a free Sat Nav using Google Navigation. Although it does use your data plan to download the maps.

post-110545-0-86499800-1298639746.png post-110545-0-81297000-1298639748.png

Thanks Guys.

Yea By little brother has a Desire and I've seen the free Sat Nav. While it works I wasn't impressed by the polish. According to the guy in the Voda shop (Popped in over lunch) the HD comes with another free sat nav app but I'm going to have to see it first. I'm not rich but some things are better when you pay for them and I believe sat nave is usually one of them.

The guy also convinced me that I chose the best phone so I am happy now. :D

Thanks Guys.

Yea By little brother has a Desire and I've seen the free Sat Nav. While it works I wasn't impressed by the polish. According to the guy in the Voda shop (Popped in over lunch) the HD comes with another free sat nav app but I'm going to have to see it first. I'm not rich but some things are better when you pay for them and I believe sat nave is usually one of them.

The guy also convinced me that I chose the best phone so I am happy now. :D

The phone is definately a good one, just make sure you give it a good charge first with the phone turned off.

I'm also of the same opinion that whilst free apps are good, sometimes the support and polish just isn't there compared with paid apps. In my opinion £23 isn't bad for a fully featured Sat-Nav :)

The Desire HD is a great phone, but phones are coming out with dual core processors now and there's even a quad core in the pipeline from Qualcomm.

Do you always like to have the latest and greatest? If so, you might prefer to look at the Motorola Atrix or the Samsung Galaxy S2.

If you're not that fussed, good choice :) One year on I still love my Desire :)

Grrr. Vodafone started screwing around with delivering the new phone so I cancelled the upgrade. :angry:

I've been burned by their shenanigans before and I am not going anywhere near there again. I'd rather wait the 6 months with my Samsung and go back to Orange.