Is Iron a scam?

The article talks about Iron 4, that was a few centuries ago.

The article pretty much states that Iron is a pre-configured Chromium.

It fails to mention that Iron's built in content blocker is much faster than any content blocking extension.

This is the "THE" main reason to use Iron anyway.

• Like 1

Just a pointless browser that clearly is just changing options from Chrome that has had these options since day one. Users can easily deny Google's tracks in the options.

Even if the intention of Iron dev is out to make money by ads on his page, the built in true adblocker is worth it than Chrome's limited and fake ad block extensions.

Even if the intention of Iron dev is out to make money by ads on his page, the built in true adblocker is worth it than Chrome's limited and fake ad block extensions.

Rubbish.

The official AdBlock Plus is just as good on Chrome as it is on Firefox. I use both browsers subscribed to the same filter lists and have no issues.

Rubbish.

The official AdBlock Plus is just as good on Chrome as it is on Firefox. I use both browsers subscribed to the same filter lists and have no issues.

Not quite, It doesn't block some flash ads.

Rubbish.

The official AdBlock Plus is just as good on Chrome as it is on Firefox.

well no its not, Its missing alot of options at the moment in chrome that are in firefox the main one for me at the moment is opening blockable items on a page, but saying that its still pretty good and as its only in beta I imagine will get better.

On the subject of iron its not a scam its not even close to the meaning of scam, its a open source take on a open source project (chromium) thats the whole point of open source people can take it changes things up and release it, just like chromeplus (although thats added alot more like gestures)

I personally just use chromium and update to the same builds as chrome.

Changing from Chrome to iron makes no sense. The options that iron disables, you can easily change them under chrome.

Changing from Chrome to iron makes no sense. The options that iron disables, you can easily change them under chrome.

Please read the thread before replying.