Gingerbread for HTC Incredible S, Desire HD, Desire Z and Desire!

Because not everyone wants to run a botched together beta rom?

Ive used XDA Dev roms on all my android phones ive had over the years and multiple times ive had hard crashes that have reset all my data.

I've used about five or six ROMs and none of them have had problems even close to what you're describing. The worst problem I had was a boot loop.

If i've rooted, can I still do an OTA update?

No that could seriously mess up your phone.

Install the normal ROM for your handset and unroot before attempting to OTA update.

If i've rooted, can I still do an OTA update?

If you have stock rom and have rooted it, you can either unroot first or the ota will just unroot it anyway

Over at XDA forums, they are porting the leaked desire s rom to desire.. working mostly except camera and video's. Has Ginger and Sense 2.1 for regular desire. Running it on a friends now and its very nice. New app drawer and such. A few minor glitches but working fine if you don't need camera. :) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=988570

That"s good news I guess, but I'm already running Cyanogen 7 RC1 (Android 2.3.2) on my Desire and it works so much better than any htc sense roms.

Can't stand HTC Sense anymore now that I made the switch

Agreed, I'm using Cyanogenmod 7 RC2 (Android 2.3.3) on my Desire and it's so much faster than ROMs using HTC Sense UI.