After near-death experience, boy says "Heaven is Real"

Just because they could sue in no way means they didnt see another opportunity to make money.

This is true but putting together a book over seven years with something that's going to be met with a lot of controversy is a tougher battle than going after a doctor that misdiagnosed a child's near-fatality.

I'm not gonna say the story isn't true as I'm a believer of almost all things Christian, but children do have creative minds and pastors coaching their children is something I've seen happen a lot. Knowing about Revelation or having superficial details about a miscarriage is not unthinkable. I'm gonna feel terrible if I get this wrong, but I'm also sure that John the Baptist is the only person who has seen God.

Over time his visions became more believable.

This part concerns me the most. What do you mean over time the visions became more believable? Sounds like they probably changed and evolved. He might even believe it's true - false memories are alarmingly easy to create.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confabulation

http://www.unisci.com/stories/20012/0613011.htm

http://www.abc.net.au/health/minutes/stories/2003/03/05/798577.htm

http://io9.com/#!5704674/brain-damage-might-actually-create-fake-memories

I have been on my death bed twice. Doctors never figured out what was wrong. When your brain is in a state like that it does weird things. I was in a very deep coma but towards the end when i was coming out of it I would see my sister looking different. I would see weird lights.

NOt heaven I can see how ou could think heaven. I was able to here things around me BUT not talk or move. It was like my brain was partly functioning.

I am thinking this is what happen to this boy not heaven. Your brain is still not known to doctors and doctors only knows what happens when your dying or in deep coma only by what people like me who have lived through it have told them .

All what that boy saw is what his brain showed him or partly showed him. HE probably heard his parents talking about the other things at his bed side.

This is true but putting together a book over seven years with something that's going to be met with a lot of controversy is a tougher battle than going after a doctor that misdiagnosed a child's near-fatality.

I'm not gonna say the story isn't true as I'm a believer of almost all things Christian, but children do have creative minds and pastors coaching their children is something I've seen happen a lot. Knowing about Revelation or having superficial details about a miscarriage is not unthinkable. I'm gonna feel terrible if I get this wrong, but I'm also sure that John the Baptist is the only person who has seen God.

Please, there are a ton of people that will buy into it. Dont forget his dad is a pastor, there are a flock of people right there. Controversy sells too, just look at this "500,000 copies of the book have been printed and there are now talks of a movie."

Please, there are a ton of people that will buy into it. Dont forget his dad is a pastor, there are a flock of people right there. Controversy sells too, just look at this "500,000 copies of the book have been printed and there are now talks of a movie."

There's definitely gonna be people who buy it without question because they treat Christianity like it's the X-Files. I'd have to think that they really believe this to be truth though because you know that if this gets popular, there will be people working hard to debunk it. My point is that purposely creating a fake story has far more risk than their original option.

"Now Colton's stories of Heaven are documented in a book titled "Heaven is for Real."

500,000 copies of the book have been printed and there are now talks of a movie. "

That's all you need to know right there. :whistle:

There's definitely gonna be people who buy it without question because they treat Christianity like it's the X-Files. I'd have to think that they really believe this to be truth though because you know that if this gets popular, there will be people working hard to debunk it. My point is that purposely creating a fake story has far more risk than their original option.

They could have still lost the case against the doctors, thats not a 100% win. With this story, there isnt anyone that can dispute their claims, nothing to fight against other then you just dont buy in to it.

FWIW, this book has been written before. This is the best known example:

http://www.amazon.com/Life-After-Investigation-Phenomenon--Survival-Bodily/dp/0062517392/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1298948287&sr=1-5

But there are plenty out there. None, as far as I can remember, are so specific as to mention Jesus and unborn children. Hence my somewhat sarcastic comment before.

A coworker loaned this book to me to read. I read it with a skeptical mind because I've long been questioning the faith that I grew up with. A someone with a more open and scientific mind, I can say that this book is a very interesting read to say the least. While I don't believe everything in it to be 100% true, it does introduce some pretty cool things... if they are true. That is the question. The whole time I was reading this, knowing how a child's mind works, I couldn't help but think, "oh this kid could have easily heard these things in Sunday school or something, even though his father claims he hadn't learned of them yet." There is no proof that these claims are real. Without knowing this family, I can't trust them - especially being a pastor's family. For all I know, this could be a publicity stunt. Or maybe it really is true. I don't know...

• 2 weeks later...

If the child was in a hospital bed, he was in a hospital bed. You can't have your consciousness/mind separated from your physical brain. You die if your body becomes unable to provide your brain with oxygen and nutrients and your consciousness/mind etc go with it.

We know this because brain damage can alter a person's memories and personality. Without a working brain you can not have a mind or consciousness. No one expects software to run with no hardware.

If the child was in a hospital bed, he was in a hospital bed. You can't have your consciousness/mind separated from your physical brain. You die if your body becomes unable to provide your brain with oxygen and nutrients and your consciousness/mind etc go with it.

We know this because brain damage can alter a person's memories and personality. Without a working brain you can not have a mind or consciousness. No one expects software to run with no hardware.

This "heaven journey" is one of the kinds of near death experience. Anyone who is interested in such stuff can find such material in psychological books.