Windows Phone 7 ads

Although I kind of liked the launch ads, the AT&T ads with some little creatures were less than stupid. I like this one much better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrhpXQqS3Is

Today found this fan made stuff, again much better than launch ads.

Source: wpcentral

what do you think, are these improvements over original?

Those are awesome.. atleast they are starting to get some music in there.. I think we are going to finally see a huge push in marketing after the first update is out because it will not be so much of a risk as when they originally released the phone OS.

One could argue MS is holding back till they get Mango out and we have all the fancy features the other platforms do, then it'd be easier for MS to go on the offensive with their ads and not play it low key. If they tried to do too much now the others could counter with some ads knocking WP7 for things it's missing.

Even if the 2nd ad isn't official all these fan made youtube ads do the same trick really. Lots of people will see them on youtube and also posted on different sites etc. So even if they're not directly on TV it's still free and flashy press for MS in the end.

Am I the only one that thinks the second ad would never be a sucessful ad? It's too much of the flashy cool stuff. It would be effective at a press conference when they are introducing Windows Phone 7, but not for TV.

The latest WP7 ad from Microsoft is great.

Well to be honest, the new W7 ad (the official one on the top, not the fan made one) is too flashy and really is the opposite of the WP7 design. The original ads captured exactly what the UI is about, professional looking - slick and modern.

The new ad is just too flashy - though I admit, on it's own it does look good, just incompatible with WP7.

The fan made one is just a video, not an AD attempt - and it's really nice and dynamic, love it.

I think they're on to something here, later on after a few updates and or Mango when they have the big name features like the rest of the platforms then MS can really let loose with it's ads.