Getting an Android

Hello,

I am thinking of buying an Orange San Francisco off eBay and as this is my first Adnroid phone I have a few question I'd appreciate if someone answered:

As it will have the Orange ROM pre-installed (I assume), would it be worth my while installing a custom one? If yes is it an easy process and could you recommend me a good ROM?

Is there much advantages to a custom ROM?

If anyone has the San Francisco is it a good phone? Would you recommend it?

Thanks in advance,

ruairiogall :)

To answer all your questions in order. Yes, yes. Yes. Yes, I do (my sister owns a San Fran), and yes I do recommend.

And you can find a full tutorial here: http://www.orangesanfrancisco.co.uk/android/how-to-install-custom-roms-android-2-2-from-scratch-on-the-orange-san-francisco-zte-blade/

It covers everything you need to do for the San Fran, unlocking, rooting and flashing.

Hello,

I am thinking of buying an Orange San Francisco off eBay and as this is my first Adnroid phone I have a few question I'd appreciate if someone answered:

As it will have the Orange ROM pre-installed (I assume), would it be worth my while installing a custom one? If yes is it an easy process and could you recommend me a good ROM?

Is there much advantages to a custom ROM?

If anyone has the San Francisco is it a good phone? Would you recommend it?

Thanks in advance,

ruairiogall :)

Dont buy them from ebay people sell them at overinflated prices , if you are from the UK you can get them for ?90 from Argos, for some reason people try and sell them for ?120+ on ebay just for unlocking and flashing them which you can do for free.