• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Live Discussion: Apple's iPad 2 event

divinatum    2

I'm sure there will be a lot of "fake" adapters. No big deal. And as far as mirroring, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a jailbreak tweak enable mirroring on the other devices.

Stetson    180

I'm sure there will be a lot of "fake" adapters. No big deal. And as far as mirroring, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a jailbreak tweak enable mirroring on the other devices.

I believe such a jailbreak tweak already exists for the iPad 1 for use with the VGA adapter. I don't know how it impacts performance though if it's doing it through software, the iPad 2 is probably doing it through a hardware function.

Elliott    235

Spot the mac user !!!!!!!!!!!!! Charlie is a sarcastic cynic after my own heart but i think he has it spot on. CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP WOOHOO for a $40 optional HDMI out cable, pretty ridiculous.

It's an event for the iPad! Christ! I see a bunch of people in that video you linked clapping and cheering at words coming out of a person's mouth. I think technological advances, no matter how slight, are a little more clap-worthy than an idiot prattling on.

Oh, and with the $40 cable, it's still cheaper than the Xoom and probably the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1! Woohoo!

ynnoj    23

It's an event for the iPad! Christ! I see a bunch of people in that video you linked clapping and cheering at words coming out of a person's mouth. I think technological advances, no matter how slight, are a little more clap-worthy than an idiot prattling on.

Oh, and with the $40 cable, it's still cheaper than the Xoom and probably the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1! Woohoo!

Don't feed the troll dude. Not worth the energy.

.Neo    1,834

If the latter actually ever gets released that is. Apparently Samsung has to rethink both the internals and price. It's incredible how the competition fails to anticipate time and again. First with the iPod, then the iPhone and now the iPad. They must be laughing their asses off in Cupertino.

Stetson    180

If the latter actually ever gets released that is. Apparently Samsung has to rethink both the internals and price. It's incredible how the competition fails to anticipate time and again. First with the iPod, then the iPhone and now the iPad. They must be laughing their asses off in Cupertino.

Yeah, Apple has pretty high margins in the computer area, and they're also at the mercy of Intel, NVidia, etc.

With their mobile products they have the leverage to make good, long term deals on things like screens and flash memory. I think I read somewhere that at one point the consumer electronics division of Samsung was complaining because they were paying more for Samsung-made flash than Apple was. Apple also does things like share most of the chips between the iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and AppleTV. The end result is that they're extremely competitive on pricing, at least when their products first come out. By the end of the product cycle everyone else is toting all of the competition coming out with better specs for the same-ish price, and then Apple pops out an update that they've been working on silently that puts them right back in the game.

PyX    140

The worst thing is, Apple always had high profit margins in their devices so far. I believe the iPad makes no exception.

Hell, they could lower the price of the iPad $100 more and still make profit. That?s pretty scandalous for competitors like Samsung...