Msn Messenger Down

not many ****ing people seem to have heard of the .net status page. by the way if msn is down, chances are it is too BUT on www.msnfanatic.com they have a PHP version of the status that's up to date so get your panzy asses over there

In fact,

"1 Microsoft Security Bulletin affecting Microsoft Windows, Windows Media Player, and MSN Messenger. The greatest aggregate, maximum severity rating for these security updates is Critical. These updates will require a restart."

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/...in/advance.mspx

585431086[/snapback]

priestx is probably right, they must be restarting the server computers up.

YAY gaim!!! seriously, you guys havent heard of them possibly updating to 7? :rolleyes: how od you know this isnt taking place.

585431106[/snapback]

never know..unless you work for MSN that is :p

The status page still says login troubles, its still working for me.

lol, it seems msn is the only messenger that goes down, or do the others too? I haven't seen them go down.

yep. dead. for now

everyone quickly ! go to live chat !  :D

585431124[/snapback]

LOL...I would agree!....QUICK BAT MAN!!..TO LIVE CHAT!...

*bat man theme* :rofl:

i thought we had the msn downtime updates on the main page for a reason, to stop these threads from being made. it's not needed everytime msn goes down, and that happens often enough.

priestx is probably right, they must be restarting the server computers up.

585431100[/snapback]

Yeah, that probably why it is down. Still why would they do that now. Usually if they have maintenance done to the server it?s usually done in the early hours of the morning *Eastern Time*

Brings me to the reason... Why do more people use MSN Messenger then Yahoo! Messenger?

1) Yahoo has had all the features MSN Messenger 6.2/7 BETA for the past 3 years.

2) I've been using Yahoo! Messenger for 5 years, Not once have I had problems.

Yeah, that probably why it is down. Still why would they do that now. Usually if they have maintenance done to the server it?s usually done in the early hours of the morning *Eastern Time*

585431152[/snapback]

or..they give out that message thing to let all the online people know that there will be a maintenance soon

Brings me to the reason... Why do more people use MSN Messenger then Yahoo! Messenger?

1) Yahoo has had all the features MSN Messenger 6.2/7 BETA for the past 3 years.

2) I've been using Yahoo! Messenger for 5 years, Not once have I had problems.

585431160[/snapback]

Its probably because it comes with windows therefore more people are exposed to it.