Yahoo! Messenger for MAC could have been a dead project by now!

I think Yahoo has stopped developing Yahoo Messenger Chat client for Mac OS X. Here is some reasons:

1. Mac OS X lion has built-in yahoo chat into their ichat app - allowing both yahoo messenger's video and audio chat in ichat

2. They have taken out Yahoo! messenger for MAC link from their Yahoo! Messenger blog website

3. There is no updates since ages even thought the app is crashing like million of times.

So there you have it. There might be NO future for Yahoo Messenger client for the MAC!!! Yahoo might has been given their chat client project to APPLE already!!!!!

This isn't news... You should have made it more clear from the topic that this is about your opinion and maybe you want to discuss the possibility that Yahoo! Messenger for Mac is dead instead of misleading people... But this is definitely not news.

That said, if you're not happy with their client then what's stopping you from using iChat or Adium instead? Yahoo will probably continue making updates and releases just because they have to for those who don't know third party apps exist. For everyone else, there are options.

This isn't news... You should have made it more clear from the topic that this is about your opinion and maybe you want to discuss the possibility that Yahoo! Messenger for Mac is dead instead of misleading people... But this is definitely not news.

Very true - you should change the title :)

Hows this news? It's more like some speculation that you're making.... But having the service built in to iChat is pretty cool.... I wish they would add msn instead

This is cool, but I also wish they would add MSN to iChat :( Every Live Messenger/MSN app for Mac sucks :/

Personally I prefer iChat over anything, so that's fine by me. No idea what the goal of this thread is.

It's "Mac" by the way, not "MAC".

This is cool, but I also wish they would add MSN to iChat :( Every Live Messenger/MSN app for Mac sucks :/

I second that, I wonder why it hasn't happened. Could be some weird exclusivity deal they made 10 years ago that happens to still be in effect, who knows.

If I were Yahoo I'd dump it and work with third-parties to develop a better Y! experience, especially since they're short on staff and money. :p But the existence of third-party clients alone isn't a reason. That would be like saying MS should dump WLM because there are third-party available.

If you really want iChat to work with MSN, then couldn't you just add your MSN contacts to Yahoo and then sign into iChat? MSN and Yahoo integration happened a few years ago, but I don't use that feature to know how well it works.

I just use Adium, but then again over the years I sign on less and less often.

It's "Mac" by the way, not "MAC".

I have come to the conclusion that some idiots around here type it that way specifically to annoy Mac users.