People are really okay paying this?!

Shocked to see a map pack this expensive...

Yep. $15 in Canada and US.. Kinda ridiculous for 4 maps and one Zombie?

Well.. it's no worse than Capcom. $5 per DLC character in Marvel Vs Capcom 3.

Expensive/Overpriced? Sure. But obviously, it's not so much over priced that it isn't still appealing to people who are playing the game alot. And if you play the game alot these maps are surely going freshen up the experience for a good amount of play time.

If they were cheaper would that much more people really buy them?

Edit:

How come Halo Reach never gets any flak for the map prices? At least not as much as COD does.

I'm guessing you've deliberately blocked out any Call of Duty news for the past couple of years. :p Hey, I don't blame you. ;) Activision's been doing all the CoD map packs at 1,200MSP each since Modern Warfare 2.

Although in favour of Activision (which is rare coming from me, especially as I loathe them for killing off the Guitar/DJ Hero series), the map packs are slightly better value for money than say, the Halo 3/ODST/Reach map packs. The Halo map packs are sold in packs of three at 800MSP each, which is 266.666 (recurring) per map. Call of Duty map packs are sold in packs of five at 1,200MSP each, which is 240MSP per map.

Edit:

How come Halo Reach never gets any flak for the map prices? At least not as much as COD does.

It's because Halo is fun.

It's because Halo is fun.

Only thanks to Rooster Teeth. :p They've done so many funny things with Halo over the years; Red vs. Blue, Grifball, Fails of the Weak, and Achievement Horse. All awesome. :)

I'm guessing you've deliberately blocked out any Call of Duty news for the past couple of years. :p Hey, I don't blame you. ;) Activision's been doing all the CoD map packs at 1,200MSP each since Modern Warfare 2.

Although in favour of Activision (which is rare coming from me, especially as I loathe them for killing off the Guitar/DJ Hero series), the map packs are slightly better value for money than say, the Halo 3/ODST/Reach map packs. The Halo map packs are sold in packs of three at 800MSP each, which is 266.666 (recurring) per map. Call of Duty map packs are sold in packs of five at 1,200MSP each, which is 240MSP per map.

It's just because I saw it in the PS store, couldn't remember the past map packs being so expensive.

You can get 2 PSN games, or at least 1 PSN game and some DLC for that price...

I mean PixelJunk Shooter 2 is only ?6.49!