Apple fanboy?

Southern Patriot

Seriously, how has this thread lasted this long without getting locked? And how is it that nearly 1/4 of eviltwigflipper's posts seem to be in this thread, yet they joined a year ago?? Considering the insults he has been hurling at any and all Mac owners in this thread, how has he not been warned or banned yet?

Brony

Why do they want to make it known though? why do they think anyone cares they don't like Apple? - i certainly couldn't give a s***, all i know is ever since i got a mac my productivity has went up..my work flow is faster and i can work for longer with less problems.

What annoys me is why they care so much that people like Apple, constantly going on about how they are crap and justification of spending so much, and how they are the same as other laptops. Are they stupid?

- is the screen the same as other laptops - NO

Same manufacturer, i don't think that they are different... just with lower resolution (no full-hd in most macbook)

Even worst, for a same model, Apple uses several manufacturer, you can find a nice screen and a yellowish screen for a same model. Samsung LCD?, yes, they also use it.

- is the trackpad the same as other laptops - NO

- is the unibody enclosure the same as other laptops - NO

- is the OS the same as other laptops no - NO

- is the (usually) great service and second to non support as good as other laptop companies - NO

Dell Complete Care is way better and in some case is cheaper than the Apple Care. Can you smash your screen and still ask for a refund?. Yes for Dell, No for Apple.

- is the design (sleek, clean, backlit keynboard, glowing apple, 'the nice things') the same as other laptops - NO

- is the charger the same as other laptops - NO

About keyboard :Apple miss to bring a full keyboard even for 17" notebook, backlight is present in other notebook as well. And for quality and design, right now, most notebook feature the same chiclet keyboard.

For design, Apple bring a lot of model to choose one :white and black, while other manufacturer features a lot of colors, the common is black but exist white, blue, red, green and many other more.

And about the charger, magsafe is fine until it burn, anyways magsafe is a gimmick.

+jamesyfx

Magsafe isn't a gimmick, broken laptop jacks and broken PSU tips are a really, really really common problem in laptops. Due to people fiddling with them and/or tripping over them. Magsafe just snaps itself into place.

PyX

Magsafe isn't a gimmick, broken laptop jacks and broken PSU tips are a really, really really common problem in laptops. Due to people fiddling with them and/or tripping over them. Magsafe just snaps itself into place.

It?s also a lot smaller than other PSU. I always get a smile at school when I see PC users get their PSU out.

OOOOOOOO

Same manufacturer, i don't think that they are different... just with lower resolution (no full-hd in most macbook)

Even worst, for a same model, Apple uses several manufacturer, you can find a nice screen and a yellowish screen for a same model. Samsung LCD?, yes, they also use it.

Dell Complete Care is way better and in some case is cheaper than the Apple Care. Can you smash your screen and still ask for a refund?. Yes for Dell, No for Apple.

About keyboard :Apple miss to bring a full keyboard even for 17" notebook, backlight is present in other notebook as well. And for quality and design, right now, most notebook feature the same chiclet keyboard.

For design, Apple bring a lot of model to choose one :white and black, while other manufacturer features a lot of colors, the common is black but exist white, blue, red, green and many other more.

And about the charger, magsafe is fine until it burn, anyways magsafe is a gimmick.

You don't know what you're talking about. The Apple screens are leagues ahead of most others and I'm not talking resolution. I'm talking quality in general. The brightness, the crispness etc. Wow, have you even used one? Clearly not. And if you have, you must have really broken eyes to not have noticed the difference.

Same with the other stuff ... seems like you're not clued up enough to judge.

JonathanVP

Can't we all just get along?!

Yes, I am a Apple fanboy and I will be waiting for the Apple iPhone 5 this summer.

I am also a PC fanboy as well as a Linux fanboy...

Hardcore Til I Die

I class a fanboy as somebody who defends a company/product against valid criticism.

If I say "I don't like the iPhone because it doesn't support widgets" and somebody replies "It doesn't need widgets," that is a fanboyish comment in my eyes. Why? Because I have made a valid observation about the iPhone not supporting a particular feature, and somebody has tried to defend the iPhone despite it being a valid criticism. This applies to anything, not just the iPhone.

I am a little bit of an Android fanboy and have been guilty of this myself, although I try to keep an objective mind most of the time :p

DukeEsquire

I class a fanboy as somebody who defends a company/product against valid criticism.

If I say "I don't like the iPhone because it doesn't support widgets" and somebody replies "It doesn't need widgets," that is a fanboyish comment in my eyes. Why? Because I have made a valid observation about the iPhone not supporting a particular feature, and somebody has tried to defend the iPhone despite it being a valid criticism. This applies to anything, not just the iPhone.

I am a little bit of an Android fanboy and have been guilty of this myself, although I try to keep an objective mind most of the time :p

How is "I don't need widgets" not a valid response?

If I said, "I don't like Android because it doesn't have games like Infinity Blade." And you said, "I don't care about games." Is that not a valid argument?

Some people honestly don't care about widgets. I don't have widgets on my computer desktop. I don't have widgets on my phone. I could put some if I wanted to (I have a jailbroken iPhone), but I just don't really care for them.

Personal preference.

Southern Patriot

Re-read what he wrote. He didn't say "I don't need widgets", he said "It doesn't need widgets". Similar, but different enough that his point is valid, since it implies that no one should need widgets at all.

.Neo

I think I'll be staying out of this one. Nothing good can come from this thread.

Shaun N.

This thread is going nowhere, Opinions are there to be had even if they aren't all the same.

Stop QQing and more Pew pewing!

Edit: oh and SpiritDave! I like your Sig, gief moar images :D

Hardcore Til I Die

If I said, "I don't like Android because it doesn't have games like Infinity Blade." And you said, "I don't care about games." Is that not a valid argument?

Some people honestly don't care about widgets. I don't have widgets on my computer desktop. I don't have widgets on my phone. I could put some if I wanted to (I have a jailbroken iPhone), but I just don't really care for them.

Personal preference.

You misquoted me. "I don't need widgets" is a perfectly valid response, because you would be indicating that you don't need widgets.

Attempting to belittle my opinion by saying "it doesn't need widgets" (my original quote) is a fanboyish thing to say.

DukeEsquire

You misquoted me. "I don't need widgets" is a perfectly valid response, because you would be indicating that you don't need widgets.

Attempting to belittle my opinion by saying "it doesn't need widgets" (my original quote) is a fanboyish thing to say.

Fair enough. I misread it.

BajiRav

Guys, ignore eviltwigflipper.

She is beyond sense.

She is comparing a Kia to a BMW and her justification is "Well aren't they both cars?"

Macs are no BMW. You probably mean more like comparing a Lexus to a Toyota.

- The version of Mac OS X Snow Leopard that you get needs to be compared with the "Ultimate" version of Windows 7, not Pro or Home. Next time, compare the iMac with a computer that comes with Windows 7 Ultimate.

Sorry, your other points may be valid but this is just wrong and possibly dumb? Mac OS X doesn't have all features of Windows 7 Ultimate.

edit: use this for start http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/compare/default.aspx

OOOOOOOO

This thread is going nowhere, Opinions are there to be had even if they aren't all the same.

Stop QQing and more Pew pewing!

Edit: oh and SpiritDave! I like your Sig, gief moar images :D

Can't post the kind of photo's she's taken here :D haha

Southern Patriot
Sorry, your other points may be valid but this is just wrong and possibly dumb? Mac OS X doesn't have all features of Windows 7 Ultimate.

He wasn't comparing feature for feature, he was simply pointing out that OS X doesn't have multiple SKUs, therefore it should be compared to the most feature-complete version of Windows (which would be Ultimate). There are quite a few features that OS X has that Windows doesn't have either, so your refusal to accept a comparison between OS X and Windows 7 Ultimate is rather biased.

PyX

He wasn't comparing feature for feature, he was simply pointing out that OS X doesn't have multiple SKUs

Exactly.

Windows 7 Ultimate?s official price on Microsoft?s site is worth $220 and I?ve seen people in this thread comparing a $400 computer with Windows included to a $1200 iMac. :rofl: Give me a break.

The_Observer

apple fan boys are the worst to deal with at work! i have apple products and enjoy them, but they are not the only thing in the world!

Nick H.

Really guys? Five pages? Has this not been talked to death in the thousands of similar threads before?

People use Macs. People use PCs. There are pros and cons to both. Both sides have their fanatics, and it doesn't matter how much arguing goes on, they're not going to change their opinion.

What do you care if someone calls you a fanboy? It's an attempt to incite an argument from you that you haven't thought out. Instead, you can just reply with "well you obviously don't want to have a civil discussion about the pros and cons of product x" and move on.

Southern Patriot

Really guys? Five pages? Has this not been talked to death in the thousands of similar threads before?.

Where did you learn to count? Your post comes at the bottom of page 13!

Nick H.

Where did you learn to count? Your post comes at the bottom of page 13!

Well it depends on how many posts you've set per page. I'm reading this on page 5.

Southern Patriot

Well it depends on how many posts you've set per page. I'm reading this on page 5.

Oh, well I'm set to the default, so we are now on page 14!!

DukeEsquire

Well, if you've changed your default posts per page, wouldn't it make sense to not preference page #'s anymore...? :blink:

Nick H.

Well, if you've changed your default posts per page, wouldn't it make sense to not preference page #'s anymore...? :blink:

Probably, but considering I have it set to the maximum number of posts per page, the original point still stands that this circular argument has gone on way too long. :p