Possible Annoucement at MacWorld... OS X to PC!!

actually i tried that about a few dozen times, first tried dling Corel Linux and i was NEAR 50% when it stopped dling :disappoin

and then i tried dling mandrake a few times, n no luck there, and i do have 28.8 internet btw so it'dd take yearssss basically, so i gave up n bought a copy of Mandrake for $30 CDN (around $20 US), n back then i didnt know anyone who owned linux so no luck there, n it was mid 2000 btw, so that was basically my only choice, n since no cable providers are out here :( oh well, just cant wait to get out of here in a year

There is no way that they are going to release their OS for PC's unless they find a way to keep the speed up. I dont have an Idea how this Operating system is actually going to work in an PC unless they use some type of EMU for the bios or maybe completly rewrite the code?????

Well before you go jumping to conclusions while freeding off your own angered energy they announced on TechTV two nights ago that OSX would be released on X86 architecture.

Originally posted by Qarth

Well before you go jumping to conclusions while freeding off your own angered energy they announced on TechTV two nights ago that OSX would be released on X86 architecture.

Well, judging from macworld it obviously isn't...

u know it probably would take Apple years to be able to do that with the amount of coders they have, while M$ could whip up an OS within a few months (excluding the user testing and changes to the coding), and u know that they'dd have to test them on several X86 machines too, or get a registration plan like the xp one to get beta testers to try it out.

I don't know much about the background of OSX but can I get some things cleared up if someone knows.

1. Why is it you can download the Darwin backend for x86 platforms from the mac site yet so many people are syaing it will never be done?

2. If speed is a problem then why is it that from my understanding MacOS is built on a unix or linux background that you can't port to the PC as Linux and Unix runs great on x86...

If someone knows please help clear my mind.