is XP SP3 still a good OS for today's computing?

I used the silver one until I found Luna Element by Tornado5. THAT should have been the default theme. LE5 was just pure awesomeness. Shame Microsoft wasn't able to design anything that appealing and sharp looking.

http://gatefan.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/customization/screenshots/windows/&offset=24#/dqsjic

^ My XP before I upgraded to Vista. :wub:

You look as if you had a 3683 era plex going in that one? Still nice, but I personally prefered the later iterations, a bit more polished :) still better than the default XP themes though!

It is indeed 3683. I loved the 'flat', squared off look of it. :cool:

Yup. Reminds me of Metro in a way. Damn, you made me want to install a LH build now, 3718 was really nice too.

All the techy people back in the day had Luna disabled, most people I knew back then avoided it like a plague. I loved it though, but again, I was like 9!

It is indeed 3683. I loved the 'flat', squared off look of it. :cool:

I also had a 4074, and a 5048 theme.

4074 was my all time fav though.

Slate I really liked, Jade was a bit rough and unpolished though in my opinion.

Yup. Reminds me of Metro in a way. Damn, you made me want to install a LH build now, 3718 was really nice too.

All the techy people back in the day had Luna disabled, most people I knew back then avoided it like a plague. I loved it though, but again, I was like 9!

I was 19 in 2001! Now I'll be 29 this year, ugh.

When I had XP back then in the appropriate timeframe *gives THAT look* (2004 to 2006), I'd leave the Luna theme on - later on, I changed it to Royale and that IS much better! Only because I got sick of seeing the same old Windows 98 theme (and yes, I tried WindowBlinds - pure crap!) - and that the theme had remained unchanged from '95 to '01, before XP.

Now, I can't stand to even LOOK at the Luna theme anymore! Hell, even Royale is much better, even though THAT is old itself, lol.

The mods locked the Windows 95 vs XP thread after just a few pages, and it was no different than this thread.

Maybe so, but the point is that there is no need to unless it's breaking the rules, senseless censorship just isn't necessary. If people start breaking the rules, then yes I could understand the argument for thread closure.

The mods locked the Windows 95 vs XP thread after just a few pages, and it was no different than this thread.

So you're complaining about improvements in moderation policy? Weird...