IOS 4.3 Battery Life

66 members have voted

1. 1. Is your battery life worse since initialling iOS 4.3?

• Yes, much worse
    • Better than it was before!
    • Same as before.

I noticed that after the 4.3 Update location services was turned on. I usually have that off. I also noticed my battery drain a lot faster on my iPhone 3GS with the 4.3 update. But once I turned location services off my battery has been draining like normal when I was on the older firmware.

I didn't notice a difference. I have a 3GS though.

No difference either.

The difference was from iOS 3 to iOS 4, when it included Multitasking. I wish I could disable that, I?m probably the only one in the entire world along with Steve Jobs that never wanted this feature to exist because I knew battery life would be affected deeply. :(

Ilounge is reporting it also, following 4 of the link provided, one person had it resolved by disabling Ping in restrictions. So trying that as i dont use ping anyway.

Will continue to read the other apple threads

After disabling Ping, and seems to have helped the battery, wont have a full reading till tommorow though as i disabled it close to halfway through the day.

But so far so good

Agreed. My battery life went down significantly after the 4.3 update. I went in and disabled Ping, and it's had a complete reversal. Battery life is better than 4.2.1 now. I've never used Ping, never plan on using it, and consider it completely useless. I don't really understand why something that goes unused causes such a huge problem, but I'm pretty sure it's the source.

My battery life is much better on my iPhone 4.

I would normally use about 80-90% of my battery in an average day on iOS 4.1. I upgraded to iOS 4.3, now my battery is around 50% in the same time period, so it has improved a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad I found this thread. I've also noticed my battery life on my iPhone 4 go down considerably after 4.3. 4.3.1 didn't help either. My iPhone actually died this morning and is charging. When its done, I'm going to try and disable Ping. Now my question is, where do I find that particular setting? I don't even know what Ping really is or what it does and thus never use it. Someone help me out? Lol

The setting to disable ping is in Settings/Restrictions/Ping

Ping is Apples pathetic bas***dized version of Facebook, its quite useless imo

I'm glad I found this thread. I've also noticed my battery life on my iPhone 4 go down considerably after 4.3. 4.3.1 didn't help either. My iPhone actually died this morning and is charging. When its done, I'm going to try and disable Ping. Now my question is, where do I find that particular setting? I don't even know what Ping really is or what it does and thus never use it. Someone help me out? Lol

The setting to disable ping is in Settings/Restrictions/Ping

Ping is Apples pathetic bas***dized version of Facebook, its quite useless imo

Wow, they actually tried to implement some twisted version of Facebook/Twitter. Yeah, I do got Facebook and Twitter accounts and do NOT need a third service that does the same as the first two. Thanks for all the info too. I'll be sure to try and disable Ping and see what happens.