Limp Bizkit to release two LPs this year

Fred Durst has revealed that Limp Bizkit are to release two albums in 2011.

The 'Rollin'' star has been updating fans via Twitter on the progress of the band's next album.

After he wrote that the seventeenth song had been mixed for upcoming album Gold Cobra, he revealed: "Obviously we have two albums here, in case you didn't pick up on that. First one is Gold Cobra. Due soon."

There are no confirmed release dates for either album yet, although the American rocker did tweet a fan stating that Gold Cobra "will be out way before the end of summer."

It was also confirmed that Lil Wayne will feature on a Limp Bizkit track.

Durst wrote: "Oh, excuse me, 16th song mixed is 'Ready To Go' featuring Lil Wayne! I love it."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a309100/limp-bizkit-to-release-two-lps-this-year.html

The time of "rap metal / nu metal / rap rock" (whatever you want to call it) has passed in my opinion. Bizkit and Linkin Park were the two most successful artists to pursue this style for a while but I just don't know how viable it is anymore.

nah, they're doing it all for a limp bizkit

#3 is my favorite use of "limp biscuit"

A band characterized by moronic lyrics with many mentions of the word "****" (CuZ Th3y r teh H4Rdc0R3!!!111!!), ****ty power riffs played over and over, and inane "beats" added in. Their lead "singer" Fred Durst either "raps" in a whiny bitch ass voice or "sings" in monotone. Y'know, when he's trying to be all "serious".

Limp Bizkit song: Move in now move out, hands up now hands down.

Me: What is this? The ****in' hokey pokey?

by combat_rock Nov 29, 2003 share this

I'll use my Linkin Park strategy, I ask my cousin wait so if it stinks as bad as the last Linkin Park cd I can sell it to him. :)

mm, they were okay with significant other, and chocolate starfish, but when wes left and they went all mellow, they went for ****.

Limp Bizkit have never been good.

Yo Yo Yo Yo!

To each is their own I guess. See, half of what I listen to you would say is crap, and the same goes in reverse ;)

Bizkit and Linkin Park were the two most successful artists to pursue this
Pretty sure Korn is right up there.

They actually did it for the $3 bill y'all.

Actually they've somehow managed to preserve their fanbase. Whatever the new albums are like, unless they pursue some talentless experimenting and "artsy" albums like Linkin Park, the band will do just fine. I stopped caring a long time ago, but with Wes Borland back, I'm sure I'll give it a listen.

To each is their own I guess. See, half of what I listen to you would say is crap, and the same goes in reverse ;)

Exactly. But then again I have an extremely broad taste in music. :p

Exactly. But then again I have an extremely broad taste in music. :p

Yea, I have a very small taste ;) Pretty much, the only things I will listen to are:

Techno/Dance/That Style

OR

Industrial/Nu Metal/Metal and it's various sub-genres

I can't stand rap, or slow soft music...which for me everything other than what I mentioned falls under.

• 1 month later...

Pretty sure Korn is right up there.

KoRn isn't a nu metal band. I don't know why so many people think they are. Even worse is when people think Slipknot are nu metal; they're not, end of story.

But yeah, the nu metal genre has pretty much dried up. Linkin Park moved away from it a few years ago, Papa Roach moved away before them, P.O.D. are still going, but they've sadly faded into obscurity. The only nu metal band going strong today is Hollywood Undead. Limp Bizkit doesn't count, as so far, it's all just hyping up "Gold Cobra". Seeing how long Fred Durst is taking to do it, "Gold Cobra" could become the next "Chinese Democracy". :p

KoRn isn't a nu metal band. I don't know why so many people think they are. Even worse is when people think Slipknot are nu metal; they're not, end of story.

But yeah, the nu metal genre has pretty much dried up. Linkin Park moved away from it a few years ago, Papa Roach moved away before them, P.O.D. are still going, but they've sadly faded into obscurity. The only nu metal band going strong today is Hollywood Undead. Limp Bizkit doesn't count, as so far, it's all just hyping up "Gold Cobra". Seeing how long Fred Durst is taking to do it, "Gold Cobra" could become the next "Chinese Democracy". :p

I just told my friend that yesterday after explaining what Nu Metal is/was, when he finally heard the new HU album. Definitely a really strong showing album after their moderately successful Swan Songs.

I just told my friend that yesterday after explaining what Nu Metal is/was, when he finally heard the new HU album. Definitely a really strong showing album after their moderately successful Swan Songs.

I've only listened to "Been to Hell" from "American Tragedy" so far, but it is by a mile the best song they've ever done to date. :) It absolutely blows everything on "Swan Songs" out of the water. Their new singer is much better than their old one, even though the fans are split down the middle now, like with Nightwish when Anette Olzon replaced Tarja Turunen.

While most of the album was decent, I only ended up getting Comin' In Hot, Levitate, Hear Me Now, My Town, and Lights Out. I feel bad about their previous singer getting voted out but this album success doesn't make his departure seem that horrendous in the end.