Opera for WP7 launching at CTIA

My link

"Opera has announced that it will be releasing its first WP7 browser, Opera Mobile 11, at CTIA next week. Along with Mobile 11, the launch will also include Opera Mini 6. Between the two versions Opera plans to cover a wide range of mobile operating systems: Windows Phone 7, Android, iOS, Blackberry, Symbian/Series 60, J2ME and MeeGo."

Yeah that's pretty surprising.

... that leaves iOS in the cold with Opera Mini though, while Android and WP7 get Mobile. :hmmm:

My link

"Opera has announced that it will be releasing its first WP7 browser, Opera Mobile 11, at CTIA next week. Along with Mobile 11, the launch will also include Opera Mini 6. Between the two versions Opera plans to cover a wide range of mobile operating systems: Windows Phone 7, Android, iOS, Blackberry, Symbian/Series 60, J2ME and MeeGo."

Technically they say "Windows 7" not "Windows Phone 7" in their press release... but it would be a bit weird if Opera Mobile came out on Windows 7 ._____. Still if it's the proper Opera Mobile and not Opera Mini that'd be pretty sweet :3

Yeah that's pretty surprising.

... that leaves iOS in the cold with Opera Mini though, while Android and WP7 get Mobile. :hmmm:

They need to up their game and morph Opera Mini into something like SkyFire :)

The downside here is that we have to wait till next week for CTIA to see what we'll end up with since I'm not sure which of the two it'll be.

Technically they say "Windows 7" not "Windows Phone 7" in their press release... but it would be a bit weird if Opera Mobile came out on Windows 7 ._____. Still if it's the proper Opera Mobile and not Opera Mini that'd be pretty sweet :3

Maybe for Windows 7 tablets.

False alarm

Yes indeed the press release is correct. It is WIndows 7, I know it is a bit confusing but Windows 7 (the desktop OS) is also used on certain tablets and touch desktop devices. This version of Opera Mobile 11 is for the first time to optimized for tablets ? hence the connection.