Stop Outgoing Drunk Texts

Hey Guys! Its inevitable that I will be drunk a bit in the next two weeks. Are there any Apps on the Android that will stop me texting a certain number when I am inebriated or stop me texting that number at all.

Haha, just leave your phone at home.

What do you think you're going to do? Seems oddly specific. xD

I can see why an app like that would be useful in certain situations but unfortunately, I don't know of any. I guess the best thing you should do is turn your phone off or better yet, leave it at home. If that isn't an option then back up your contacts list and delete it before a night of drinking.

PHONE-Y-U-NO-STOP-OUTGOING-DRUNK-TEXTS.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Y-U-NO

i don't know of any app, but first thing that comes to mind is setting up some contrived screen lock pattern that you will fail when drunk. Worst case scenario you can still make emergency calls!

Damn I thought there would be thousands of these gems out there to do these. What happens when you get home drunk? You all know why someone would want to do this come on guys we have all been there!

You could always just let the battery run dry, it's a bit difficult to connect a charger when you're really drunk. :laugh:

Out of sheer curiosity as well as a desire to help a fellow Neowinian, I stumbled upon this: http://drunkblocker.appspot.com/

Apparently, it's a pretty good app for the prevention of drunk dialing and texting.

PS: I have no need for this app. I don't even have an Android smart phone.

How would an app know you were drunk ?

I know there's this thing in gmail labs that will ask you to solve math problems before letting you send an email (and there IS the 'undo send' thing too).

Out of sheer curiosity as well as a desire to help a fellow Neowinian, I stumbled upon this: http://drunkblocker.appspot.com/

Apparently, it's a pretty good app for the prevention of drunk dialing and texting.

PS: I have no need for this app. I don't even have an Android smart phone.

This looks good. . .

Doh!

Many DrunkBlocker users ask this question and the answer is that currently there are some limitations in the Android framework that does not allow me to access certain parts of the system that is needed to block outgoing text messages. As soon as it is possible to access this or if I find a workaround it will be implemented as a new blocking feature in DrunkBlocker. Stay tuned!

This probably isn't going to be well received but how about handling yourself and your alcohol better? If you don't get to a point where you'll start annoying those who grace your contact list then it's not an issue.

How would an app know you were drunk ?

Easy haha! Although to make it easy you could just password protect the number you wish to refrain from texting.

This probably isn't going to be well received but how about handling yourself and your alcohol better? If you don't get to a point where you'll start annoying those who grace your contact list then it's not an issue.

Alright calm down. This is how we do this in the UK!

Hey Guys! Its inevitable that I will be drunk a bit in the next two weeks. Are there any Apps on the Android that will stop me texting a certain number when I am inebriated or stop me texting that number at all.

what phone do you have?

This isn't free but sounds like it would do the job. Be careful though, the reviews aren't gleaming.

Edit: I actually just read the comments, probably best to stay away from this :p