General Boxing Thread!

I actually had a dream last night, not kidding, that the Mayweather-Canelo fight ended in the very first round, and that it looked incredibly suspect, and I was extremely angry for paying for it via pay per view. So yeah, let's see if it was a premonition, or just myself telling me to not buy it and wait to watch the fight.  :laugh: I may still get it and have a few friends over, especially if they want to chip in to get it, but I just have a funny ass feeling the fight may be a huge joke. Hope I am dead wrong and it is a classic. 

I actually had a dream last night, not kidding, that the Mayweather-Canelo fight ended in the very first round, and that it looked incredibly suspect, and I was extremely angry for paying for it via pay per view. So yeah, let's see if it was a premonition, or just myself telling me to not buy it and wait to watch the fight.  :laugh: I may still get it and have a few friends over, especially if they want to chip in to get it, but I just have a funny ass feeling the fight may be a huge joke. Hope I am dead wrong and it is a classic.

Well after Ricky Burns last week there could be a chance that could happen but the undercard for this fight alone is worth the $ some real top fights on it. The main I want to predict a Mayweather but it's going to be tough I feel, Canelo can last just not been tested yet.

zcIiC.jpg

Official crowd in the MGM Grand Arena for the weigh-in is 12,200. Many more turned away.

Floyd Mayweather 150.5 vs. Canelo Alvarez 152

(WBC/WBA super welterweight titles)

Danny Garcia 140 vs. Lucas Matthysse 140

(WBC/WBA super lightweight titles)

* Garcia weighed 140.5 on the first try, reweighed at 140.

1379116011.gif

Canello ain't scared. He's still probably going to lose, but he ain't scared. It's funny how his record is pretty much on par with Floyd's but people tend to consider him less experienced by a huge degree of magnitude.

How the heck do you see that fight as a 114 - 114 draw? Is it possible to even be that incompetent? :s

Floyd is now 45-0 and has pretty much every goddamned belt in, around, and close to his weight class. He will also get an almost 100 million dollars payday for this fight. Unless he hemorrhages cash like Tyson, he probably takes two more fights and retires at a nice old age of 38 without significant head trauma to enjoy his money.

There is talk he'll take on Garcia next and then Khan and that'll be it

Isn't he closer in weight to Timothy Bradley? Garcia is pretty much a free fight for Floyd. He's nowhere near ready.

How did he do that? Did he eat an elbow? Isn't this the 2nd fight in a row that he's pulled out of due to head injury?

Sparring with what he called on the news "world stars"