General Boxing Thread!

MightyJordan

Oh god, I just saw this...

NSFW, there's a lot of swearing in it

A better angle of the incident, but worse sound...

David Haye and Dereck Chisora are an absolute f***ing disgrace not only to the sport of boxing, but to the entire UK. :angry: Chisora was detained at Munich airport by the German police for questioning, and they're still searching for David Haye, who wasn't at his hotel.

Jimmy0

Let's have a Chisora vs. Haye fight and see them beat ten bags of **** out of each other!

• Like 1
MightyJordan

Let's have a Chisora vs. Haye fight and see them beat ten bags of **** out of each other!

I'm up for that! Then let Tyson Fury fight one of the Klitschkos. He's the top British heavyweight boxer right now (in the rankings; some people would disagree with that), and he's currently 5th in the world rankings (according to BoxRec), so I reckon he's got a better chance than, say, Jean-Marc Mormeck, who's yet another hand-picked fighter for Wladimir.

123456789A

I'm up for that! Then let Tyson Fury fight one of the Klitschkos. He's the top British heavyweight boxer right now (in the rankings; some people would disagree with that), and he's currently 5th in the world rankings (according to BoxRec), so I reckon he's got a better chance than, say, Jean-Marc Mormeck, who's yet another hand-picked fighter for Wladimir.

miketysonspunchout_screen002.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Jimmy0

Klitschko vs Mormeck set to begin in a minute... any body watching?

Klitschko will no doubt win, and probably get his 50th KO!

Jimmy0

Yup, complete non-fight there.

I just don't see anyone up and coming at the moment that can stop the Klitschko's.

• 3 weeks later...
reichenbach

anyone catch Martinez fight at the weekend? a good fight there and that's why he is number 3 on P4P list

• 1 month later...
Damo R.

Hopkins has to retire now, go out on top after just losing the title (Y)

Damo R.

big one next week!

Mayweather vs Cotto!

D. S.

big one next week!

Mayweather vs Cotto!

Until Floyd Mayweather, Jr. vs Manny Pacquiao, everything else is just passing the time. I don't think Cotto has what it takes to finally beat Floyd.

Damo R.

I think Cotto is a big test to Floyds legacy, I don't think he will win but he's a test

MightyJordan

Until Floyd Mayweather, Jr. vs Manny Pacquiao, everything else is just passing the time. I don't think Cotto has what it takes to finally beat Floyd.

This, pretty much. Still, I'll watch the fight, hoping that a miracle happens and Cotto knocks him out. :rolleyes:

Damo R.

Mayweather declared today at presser for the PPV that "pacquiao you're next"

D. S.

Mayweather declared today at presser for the PPV that "pacquiao you're next"

I'll believe it when I see it.

D. S.

Miguel Cotto is guaranteed $8,000,000 for Saturday's bout with Floyd Mayweather plus a pay-per-view upside.

WHAT? :| :| :|

I would love to make 8 million dollars for getting my face smashed in on PPV.

Damo R.

Miguel Cotto is guaranteed $8,000,000 for Saturday's bout with Floyd Mayweather plus a pay-per-view upside.

WHAT? :| :| :|

I would love to make 8 million dollars for getting my face smashed in on PPV.

hate to imagine what Mayweather takes home!

• Like 1
Damo R.
Damo R.

Mayweather plans to retire in 2014

LAS VEGAS -- Floyd Mayweather Jr., who has won titles in five divisions, remains at the top of his game at age 35. But he said he sees the end of his career coming -- at age 37.

"It's just the number that I chose," said Mayweather, who will challenge Miguel Cotto for his junior middleweight title on Saturday night at the MGM Grand. "I'm really not sure. Could be earlier, could be later, but that's just a reasonable number that I chose."

Mayweather has retired once before. Following his December 2007 knockout of Ricky Hatton, Mayweather retired before returning to dominate Juan Manuel Marquez in September 2009.

Mayweather will turn 37 in February 2014 and said he wants to fight regularly -- meaning probably twice a year -- through that year.

"Of course, I want to give you guys more than just a few more fights," Mayweather said. "I want to -- this fight [against Cotto] plus five more if I can."

[x]

D. S.

Seeing how he's probably going to make 20 million dollars (not even counting the PPV cut), he could retire Sunday if he wanted. I think this annoucement is just posturing to force the 100 million dollar PPV that would be him against Manny.

Damo R.

Breaking News!

Haye vs Chisora set to happen this summer!

MightyJordan

Breaking News!

Haye vs Chisora set to happen this summer!

Coming to a London nightclub near you! :p

Damo R.
And so it has been announced that Floyd Mayweather?s guaranteed purse for Saturday?s bout against Miguel Cotto is $32 million, which is to date the largest in the history of boxing. Of course, there?s some back end money that will invariably be added to it, but the guaranteed figure alone looks like quite enough to have a good time with.

:|

D. S.

:|

Jesus. This just add fuel to the retarded fire that is the criticism of the MMA pay structure. He will make in a single fight more than 80% of the UFC roster combined.

• Like 1
Damo R.

0ThG8.jpg

biggest test yet but still class shone through!

MightyJordan

Yeah, Mayweather still convincingly won, but I think age is finally starting to catch up to him. Cotto got the better of him for the first few rounds, but that was about it.

And kudos to him for apologising to Larry Merchant after what happened after the Ortiz fight...