HTC HD7S for AT&T hitting 'in coming weeks'

My link

Well this came out of nowhere, this is basically the HD7 for AT&T but the big change (AT&T software aside) is that this version has a Super LCD screen compared to the original T-mobile version.

My link

Well this came out of nowhere, this is basically the HD7 for AT&T but the big change (AT&T software aside) is that this version has a Super LCD screen compared to the original T-mobile version.

Yeah, it did come out of nowhere :) disappointed we're already seeing new phones before we see the first update to the original ones though.

The update has to come this week, hope it's tomorrow like some have said, the 22nd. Not much left in March.

**** Im stoked. this is the phone I wanted but I was on ATT so I got the Surround. Im glad I bought my phone w/o going into contract.

Personally HTC should replace the HD7s with LCD screens that people bought with the S-LCD versions. This is a huge "kick in the teeth" for those who bought the LCD based HD7s.

Personally HTC should replace the HD7s with LCD screens that people bought with the S-LCD versions. This is a huge "kick in the teeth" for those who bought the LCD based HD7s.

Don't be silly. Nobody forced you to buy your phone when you did and (judging from your posting history) you knew at the time that there were questions about the quality of the HD7's screen. Gadgets are always obsolete as soon as you buy them so there's no point getting upset when a better version comes out. Besides, this new HD7 isn't even available in the UK.

Don't be silly. Nobody forced you to buy your phone when you did and (judging from your posting history) you knew at the time that there were questions about the quality of the HD7's screen. Gadgets are always obsolete as soon as you buy them so there's no point getting upset when a better version comes out. Besides, this new HD7 isn't even available in the UK.

When have I ever said that i've been unhappy with the screen on my HD7?

Actually I don't think the HD7S will EVER be released in the UK anyway, I was speaking from the POV of Americans who bought the original.

Therefore it won't matter to UK owners, like myself, anyway.

Name one other company that does that.

When have I ever said that i've been unhappy with the screen on my HD7?

Actually I don't think the HD7S will EVER be released in the UK anyway, I was speaking from the POV of Americans who bought the original.

Therefore it won't matter to UK owners, like myself, anyway.

I didn't say that you were unhappy with your screen but you spent a lot of time debating whether the HD7 had an SLCD or just a normal LCD a couple of months ago. Knowing that there was uncertainty you could have waited before buying your phone but you didn't so there's no point getting upset now that a new version has been released.

My HD2 is so much better compared to HD7. That's why when I wanted a WP7 device, I went with Samsung instead. HTC really dropped the ball on its users this time and it really left a bad taste in my mouth.

My HD2 is so much better compared to HD7. That's why when I wanted a WP7 device, I went with Samsung instead. HTC really dropped the ball on its users this time and it really left a bad taste in my mouth.

I don't disagree with you there. I didn't own an HD2 but despite the overheating, screen corruption and app launching issues, somewhat fixed with the 7008 update (HTC also provided an update that I guess I got at the same time), I love my HD7. Screen wise I would love to have an SLCD version but it's not going to happen and personally the LCD it has is actually pretty good for colour reproduction.

I didn't say that you were unhappy with your screen but you spent a lot of time debating whether the HD7 had an SLCD or just a normal LCD a couple of months ago. Knowing that there was uncertainty you could have waited before buying your phone but you didn't so there's no point getting upset now that a new version has been released.

I live in the UK so getting the SLCD version isn't possible.... yet.