Mac OS X 10.6.7

i also found this for disabling spotlight from windows, for the windows bootcamp drive. http://mattgadient.com/2011/02/18/mac-os-x-slow-for-10-15-minutes-after-boot-the-fix/

I already explained that solution to him in another thread, as did others. For some reason he just keeps complaining about this issue even after people, myself included, gave him multiple options how to fix it.

I already explained that solution to him in another thread, as did others. For some reason he just keeps complaining about this issue even after people, myself included, gave him multiple options how to fix it.

sad, cause his issue isn't actually an error, so apple will never change it.

Well, SMB in Lion is still a magnitude better than in Snow Leopard. I still have to wait 10+ seconds for folders to load sometimes in SL, very disappointing. Looking forward to Lion.

Yeah well for some reason for me it doesn't WORK when I do that and no I am not a computer retard!

If you say so... sucks to be me I guess.

I'm not claiming you are, however you could work on your forum skills: Instead of giving feedback as to what exactly doesn't work and/or just create a thread about it you just keep complaining without handing out clear details or specifics. Like that people can't give you support or advice unless you like endless guessing games. We're not a bunch of telepaths.

Clearly this issue with your Windows partition is bothering you and something needs to be done. So I would suggest you start a thread with information what you've tried so far and what the effects (or lack of) are.

Damn it! Apple still hasn't foxed the static "plop" sound you hear when plugging external speakers into the mini-jack port of a 2010 27-inch iMac. This issue suddenly started for many after installing v10.6.5. It really ****es me off they haven't solved the issue.

Mac OS X Snow Leopard v10.6.4 and Mac OS X Lion are unaffected on my iMac.

Damn it! Apple still hasn't foxed the static "plop" sound you hear when plugging external speakers into the mini-jack port of a 2010 27-inch iMac. This issue suddenly started for many after installing v10.6.5. It really ****es me off they haven't solved the issue.

And they haven?t fixed the issue where you can drag a window outside of the top boundary when zoomed in. I swear this bug has been there since day 1 and it?ll never get fixed.

My problem suddenly started with v10.6.5 and still hasn't been fixed. It's being caused by Mac OS X putting external speakers to sleep when not in use.

And they haven?t fixed the issue where you can drag a window outside of the top boundary when zoomed in. I swear this bug has been there since day 1 and it?ll never get fixed.

I just tried it. You can move the window beyond the menu bar, but when you let go it drops back below the edge. Not sure if this is really a problem.

I just tried it. You can move the window beyond the menu bar, but when you let go it drops back below the edge. Not sure if this is really a problem.

Yeah, at least it comes back. If it?s not a problem, why can?t you do it when zoomed out?

I'd call it a glitch more than anything... As long as the window doesn't get stuck and I can't bring it back down, then I don't really think it's a priority fix.

I've lost windows in Windows by letting it go to far out of the visible range before... It's annoying. Hasn't happened to me on OS X yet.

Totally agree. Mac OS X screws up at calculating where the Menu Bar is or something, but it doesn't have any truly problematic consequences.

I assumed that was an issue with a specific DSP chip. The Macs I've seen that pop the speakers do it whether running OS X or Windows and the ones that don't pop are silent for both OSes as well.

(Mine pops. :( I just leave the speakers off when I'm not using them.)

My problem suddenly started with v10.6.5 and still hasn't been fixed. It's being caused by Mac OS X putting external speakers to sleep when not in use.

Oops... didn't see that!

Well it wasn't there before v10.6.5 and I've been running Mac OS X Lion DP1 for two weeks in which I specifically listed if it happened there as well. But nope. There's a 7 page thread on the Apple Discussion forum with people claiming the exact same thing: Their 2010 iMacs started producing the "pop" after installing v10.6.5. :/

I honestly don't see the issue PyX. It's not like a window stays stuck there.

No it doesn?t really matter so much as you say.

On a scale from 1 to 10, 10 being critical, it?s truly a 1.

But I really doubt it?s a "by design" behavior.

At least you know you won?t get your sound issue in Lion :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

I upgraded my hackintosh no problems.

Same here, I had some issues with 10.6.6 so i reinstalled to 10.6.5 but 10.6.7 runs smooth like butter.

Same here, I had some issues with 10.6.6 so i reinstalled to 10.6.5 but 10.6.7 runs smooth like butter.

Same, for some reason even on an 'authentic Mac' 10.6.6 felt like a rush job where 10.6.7 felt as though some extra care and attention was paid.

There are some who are having problems with Type 1 fonts but it is unconfirmed whether it is a bug or whether Apple have fixed a bug and it is third parties having to update their software.

• 2 weeks later...

Same, for some reason even on an 'authentic Mac' 10.6.6 felt like a rush job where 10.6.7 felt as though some extra care and attention was paid.

There are some who are having problems with Type 1 fonts but it is unconfirmed whether it is a bug or whether Apple have fixed a bug and it is third parties having to update their software.

Actually a well made 'Hack' is in functionality almost 95% as good as an authentic Mac. What you dont get is :

1. Fantastic good looks in hardware department

2. Superb Apple Care

3. Peace of mind of being able to update everything as & when its released on the 'Software Update'

Currently, my machine is completely updated with every update out there. Funnily my' Hack' renders out sequences much faster in Adobe After Effects than its Windows counterpart on the same machine. Which just goes on to show that Apple has an excellent OS running on their superior hardware.

I am looking forward to owning a 27' iMac or a Mac Pro later this year (once the Sandy Bridge & Thunderbolt is out on both of them)