Windows Phone 7

Well i managed to speak with tmobile uk and they said they are aware of the update and its with them for testing but there is no timeframe for release atm.

They said a notice would be on their website when its release

Just as I suspected, the cumulative update crap (carriers can only block one update) that Microsoft was saying is just that - crap. I now fully expect to not get Mango till late next year(if at all) unless Microsoft gets its **** together. :pinch:

From ars

As an added bonus, as Microsoft's official Windows Phone 7 support Twitter account admitted earlier today, there's no guarantee that the firmware will ever leave the "testing" state. Updates will be cumulative, but if a network operator never signs off on the testing, that cumulative nature counts for nothing, and it means that in practice carriers can indeed block updates forever.

From @WinPhoneSupport

@WinPhoneSupport Is there any guarantee that the carriers will authorize the update before the next one is released?

@DrPizza We can't guarantee anything. ^EB

It makes no sense to block this update, there's only one phone that is being sold with it and it's limited to Sprint and CDMA. All the GSM phones getting NoDo quick don't hurt sales etc. The idea that a carrier is blocking this to boost sales makes no sense at this point.

As I've said before I have a unbranded LG and I still don't have NoDo either.

My link

MS scared of having another set of problems like with the pre-update? Really no other reason for going so slow, even for a "staged rollout".

My link

MS scared of having another set of problems like with the pre-update? Really no other reason for going so slow, even for a "staged rollout".

They did a staged rollout with pre-nodo to.

just noone really noticed because it was stopped .

They did a staged rollout with pre-nodo to.

just noone really noticed because it was stopped .

I guess, I still managed to get that update quick compared to NoDo which even I don't have yet. Unlocked, carrier free, in the EU, LG Optimus7. Oh well. Regardless of staged or not, they gotta move faster than this.

I guess, I still managed to get that update quick compared to NoDo which even I don't have yet. Unlocked, carrier free, in the EU, LG Optimus7. Oh well. Regardless of staged or not, they gotta move faster than this.

After the problems with the pre-Nodo update on Samsung Phones I think they can be forgiven for being a little cautious.

After the problems with the pre-Nodo update on Samsung Phones I think they can be forgiven for being a little cautious.

That's why I think they're going so slow as well, anyways, lack of quick updates aside my biggest problem with WP7 isn't the OS or lack of features (for what I do with it it works fine) it's the inability to actually buy apps that gets to me.

That's why I think they're going so slow as well, anyways, lack of quick updates aside my biggest problem with WP7 isn't the OS or lack of features (for what I do with it it works fine) it's the inability to actually buy apps that gets to me.

I'd like to know when countries other than the US will be getting the remaining Zune features, as well as proper Bing support...

I'd like to know when countries other than the US will be getting the remaining Zune features, as well as proper Bing support...

That's where Nokia comes in, they have the EU side of the puzzle that MS is missing. So when we start to see Nokia phones then we'll get wider EU support for Bing Maps and Zune I'm sure.

FINALLY!!!

As of today, the 25th, 11:30am, I now have a message that there is a update for my phone! Going to update now.

Ok, update done.

Started at 11:34am

Finished at 11:57am.

23mins, probably faster for others, the backup process took the longest for me.

Still nothign for my open market Trophy. oh well at least it's coming.

I'd be more itnerested in a market place I can buy stuff from anyway :)

Still nothign for my open market Trophy. oh well at least it's coming.

I'd be more itnerested in a market place I can buy stuff from anyway :)

Yup, that's the big problem for me overall, I can't buy anything yet.

Ok, update done.

Started at 11:34am

Finished at 11:57am.

23mins, probably faster for others, the backup process took the longest for me.

lucky you, im still waiting for my update :(

Are you deliberately avoiding the pre-Nodo update because it should have been offered to you a few weeks ago.

Yeah, I had been prompted for pre-NoDo but didn't bother installing. I have installed it just now though, still showing firmware 2424.10.9.13 (*#1234# in diag app shows firmware as I8700XXJIC/I8700XXJID). Is your phone Three branded jakem1 i.e. you get the Three splash screen on bootup? Or are you using a Three sim in an unbranded phone? Would you mind doing *#1234# in diag and posting the result?

Yeah, I had been prompted for pre-NoDo but didn't bother installing. I have installed it just now though, still showing firmware 2424.10.9.13 (*#1234# in diag app shows firmware as I8700XXJIC/I8700XXJID). Is your phone Three branded jakem1 i.e. you get the Three splash screen on bootup? Or are you using a Three sim in an unbranded phone? Would you mind doing *#1234# in diag and posting the result?

My phone is 3 branded and here are the results you asked for:

PDA: I8700XXJK1

Phone: I8700XXJK1

CSC: I8700H3GJK1

Bluetooth S/W: 0.0.1

Bluetooth H/W: 0.0.1

Bluetooth MAC: ----------------

Wi-Fi S/W: 1.0

Wi-Fi H/W: 1.0

Wi-Fi MAC: -----------------

I left the MAC addresses out as I figure you won't need those :shiftyninja:

Hope that helps.

My phone is 3 branded and here are the results you asked for:

PDA: I8700XXJK1

Phone: I8700XXJK1

CSC: I8700H3GJK1

Bluetooth S/W: 0.0.1

Bluetooth H/W: 0.0.1

Bluetooth MAC: ----------------

Wi-Fi S/W: 1.0

Wi-Fi H/W: 1.0

Wi-Fi MAC: -----------------

I left the MAC addresses out as I figure you won't need those :shiftyninja:

Hope that helps.

Thanks Jakem1 :) It looks like your phone was shipped with JK1 firmware whereas mine was shipped with the older JIC/JID firmware. It's a shame that JK1 (3 branded version) doesn't seem to be available online for me to upgrade. I'm hoping it will be included with the NoDo update but haven't been able to find out this info yet.

You have an unbranded Optimus 7, right? Everything went smooth? :)

Yup, both the pre-update back in Feb and now with NoDo installed fine. The backup process seems to be slower for LG phones compared to HTCs since both updates took 20min+ for me but at the end I had zero problems.

Yup, both the pre-update back in Feb and now with NoDo installed fine. The backup process seems to be slower for LG phones compared to HTCs since both updates took 20min+ for me but at the end I had zero problems.

Great, thank you.

EDIT: Ah, it tells me that no update is available... I'm on unbranded Optimus 7.

Hey ! Thx for the info.

Are you on COSMOTE network ?

Great, thank you.

EDIT: Ah, it tells me that no update is available... I'm on unbranded Optimus 7.

T-mobile MK ?

Deutsche Telecom stated that it could take them a little bit more before releasing update to their Group.

Try without a SIM :p