Windows Phone 7

still waiting on T-Mobile UK, seems like every other Network provider has released the nodo update apart from T-Mobile

still waiting on T-Mobile UK, seems like every other Network provider has released the nodo update apart from T-Mobile

Well, nothing here, and I'm on a freaking unbranded phone! :(

My Optimus 7 has been inspected, repaired, and is now being returned by LG. Wonder if it will come back with the Nodo update on it (it's carrier-free), the 7008 it had installed anyway, or 7004 release build? Or...prerelease mango build :p

I just had a thought, hasn't AT&T effectively blocked two updates back to back? whereas Microsoft said that operators can block one but can't block the next update. AT&T can "test" these forever and never release them.

I just had a thought, hasn't AT&T effectively blocked two updates back to back? whereas Microsoft said that operators can block one but can't block the next update. AT&T can "test" these forever and never release them.

I think there will be a limit for the test period for the carriers.

Testing != blocked.

There are reports that Rogers up in Canada is pushing out the NoDo update to the Focus, anyone up north with one notice anything yet?

My link

Got it on a Vodafone Branded HTC Trophy last night, and I forced it on my Orange Omnia 7 using the delightfully simple method at the top of this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1012189

(Although the update for Orange phones has apparently started Delivering anyway... though I haven't got it on my Orange branded Mozart, which I'll probably force in a bit)

Zune started updating itself... Wait for it... Wait for it...

Goddammit! It says it cannot find some file... Gonna try reinstalling Zune.

EDIT: Damn, I'm getting ****ed. Unbranded phone, and still no update.

Got it on a Vodafone Branded HTC Trophy last night, and I forced it on my Orange Omnia 7 using the delightfully simple method at the top of this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1012189

(Although the update for Orange phones has apparently started Delivering anyway... though I haven't got it on my Orange branded Mozart, which I'll probably force in a bit)

Thanks for that tip. I just finished updating my Omnia 7 on 3UK. It's nice to be able to force the update without having to resort to hacks :)

i like it! marketplace is now solid as a rock. apps are loading much quicker and the overall feel is just more responsive.

again, HTC 7 Trophy with Vodafone AU.

Disabled the connection and now the update is available. This is stupid. Something is messed up with Zune, definitely.

Finished installing, the whole process took about 10-13 minutes.

Disabled the connection and now the update is available. This is stupid. Something is messed up with Zune, definitely.

:laugh: Yeah, it is pretty stupid and it would be really nice to know why that works.

Here are the steps to get the NoDo update with no hassle about unbranding and even risky tricks:

1. Start Zune

2. Turn off Data connection and Wifi on the Phone

3. Connect the Phone with the PC (USB)

4. Start the update search in Zune

5. About 3 seconds later, disconnect your PC from the internet (Turn WLAN off).

6. Zune finds NoDo-Update. Press OK.

7. Connect to the internet again and install the update.

Source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1015131

Mine worked! Don't let the update search finish on Zune ... disconnect WLAN right away.

The Zune update check is probably a 2 step one, first being to actually check if there is a update on the server (which there is) then it checks your phone to see if it's ok to get it. The fact you turn off the connection a few seconds after you start the update process means it never gets to check if your phone is "officially" green lit for it or not. That's my guess anyways. Normally the update process should just error out if you do that but I guess it's a bug/loophole in the software.

This is just what I figure, have no proof, but I think it makes sense at this point.

The Zune update check is probably a 2 step one, first being to actually check if there is a update on the server (which there is) then it checks your phone to see if it's ok to get it. The fact you turn off the connection a few seconds after you start the update process means it never gets to check if your phone is "officially" green lit for it or not. That's my guess anyways. Normally the update process should just error out if you do that but I guess it's a bug/loophole in the software.

This is just what I figure, have no proof, but I think it makes sense at this point.

Agreed and it's that "green lit" part of the process that I'm interested in. The update is available for my phone company and Zune is obviously aware of that so how do they decide when certain customers will get the update? Do they intend to use a similar process for future updates?

It's not a big deal to me but it would be interesting to know.

Agreed and it's that "green lit" part of the process that I'm interested in. The update is available for my phone company and Zune is obviously aware of that so how do they decide when certain customers will get the update? Do they intend to use a similar process for future updates?

It's not a big deal to me but it would be interesting to know.

It seems they're rolling it out in batches, which is why some on the same carrier/phone get it while others haven't yet. Dunno what the batch/quota is though. Could be a few k at a time and once those are updated they roll out the next batch a bit later. Or it could be a combo of that and a range of phone numbers or something of the sort that limits it from everyone getting it at once.

Here are the steps to get the NoDo update with no hassle about unbranding and even risky tricks:

1. Start Zune

2. Turn off Data connection and Wifi on the Phone

3. Connect the Phone with the PC (USB)

4. Start the update search in Zune

5. About 3 seconds later, disconnect your PC from the internet (Turn WLAN off).

6. Zune finds NoDo-Update. Press OK.

7. Connect to the internet again and install the update.

Source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1015131

Mine worked! Don't let the update search finish on Zune ... disconnect WLAN right away.

has anyone on tmobile UK managed to this this sodding update using this method as im still without it

I did it in Norway just now. just click the wlan switch on your laptop just right after it starts searching. then reconnect after you click update and get the update applications up.

has anyone on tmobile UK managed to this this sodding update using this method as im still without it

Three in the uk, doesn't work either I just get zune can't connect to the internet.

Couldn't get it to work on my Omnia 7 on T-Mobile.

Got completely fed up of waiting and all of the magic "you can get it this way" fixes that have come out (and worked for other people) and none of it working

Debranded my phone (removed the reg key holding "TMO-GB") after about an hour of trying the "disconnect network"and got the Feb 2011 one instantly. Tried the latest trick and got Nodo first try.

Oh, and just so you'll have to read it one more time:

Your phone is up to date 7.0.7004

:)

I've just installed NoDo on my 3UK branded Omnia7. The firmware was updated from JID/JIC to JK1 as part of the process. So it looks like NoDo includes the JK1 update firmware update for Omnia7 owners :cool:

Couldn't get it to work on my Omnia 7 on T-Mobile.

Got completely fed up of waiting and all of the magic "you can get it this way" fixes that have come out (and worked for other people) and none of it working

Debranded my phone (removed the reg key holding "TMO-GB") after about an hour of trying the "disconnect network"and got the Feb 2011 one instantly. Tried the latest trick and got Nodo first try.

Oh, and just so you'll have to read it one more time:

Your phone is up to date 7.0.7004

:)

what program do i need to debrand my phone as i cant find anything around