What do you think of my site?

Question

Hey,

I just put this up but figured I'd see if there were any pointers from anyone here who thinks I should do anything specific to make it easier, neater, better ...

I mean ... I love it ... I really do. It's simple, easy to navigate (one page) and a small selection of my work is very very easy to view. But I'm not closed minded, and I know that sometimes other viewpoints may just make it even better. So any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

www.pintsizedesign.com

PS: I'm no fancy coder. I just know how to lay sites out in CSS ... I'm an artist first and foremost, so I'm not after some fancy tech stuff. Although, if there's any hints as to how I can make it more searchable, that's cool too :)

Thanks ... I started redesigning the site last night and worked today on finishing and 'coding' it up ... so it's kinda rushed (even tho I still do like it lots) ... but I'm looking for freelance work since a major client kinda just ... stopped the project one day LOL!

The life of a contractor ... sigh :p

Looks pretty sweet :) here is a couple things that will help with searching

Make sure you have short and detailed alternative descriptions for all pictures like the slider images.

That's cool ... alternative as in the alt tag?

Also ... search? I have one page ... with very little text. There's nothing really to search for. Or is there an alternative reason for it? I don't know if I'm just looking at the surface reason here :) Thanks for your tips!

Very Impressive! I like the USB plugged into pencil. Nice touch.

Oh hehe thanks :) I figured I am an artist, who learned with pencils and transferred to digital over a decade ago, but still my first love is pencil art. I wish I could get paid to do that ... instead I've worked on FIFA and Need For Speed LOL! Don't get me wrong, I love what I do :) Also, I dunno ... I hope someone gets the reference ... Pint Size Design is because I focus primarily on the handheld markets, from Nintendo DS to Apple iPhone. I really love working on small art :D hehe

Also ... search? I have one page ... with very little text. There's nothing really to search for. Or is there an alternative reason for it? I don't know if I'm just looking at the surface reason here :) Thanks for your tips!

yep alt= "keywords description" on each picture even the navigation I think search engines (well at least bing) index the first 65 char on each picture.

On the last dot of your previous work, you say "if they don't have a visio, I help to create one for them". Did you mean to say 'vision'?

Sure did! Thanks ... editing now!

yep alt= "keywords description" on each picture even the navigation I think search engines (well at least bing) index the first 65 char on each picture.

Great ... will get to that tonight :) Thanks!

I'm pretty sure he meant for SEO purposes.

I'm pretty sure he meant for SEO purposes.

I figure too but I wasn't sure 'why?' as I'm no expert. I'd love to understand the reasoning :) Might google it, unless he can explain here so I can focus more time into putting random bumble bees into the header of the site :D lol

Oh hehe thanks :) I figured I am an artist, who learned with pencils and transferred to digital over a decade ago, but still my first love is pencil art. I wish I could get paid to do that ... instead I've worked on FIFA and Need For Speed LOL! Don't get me wrong, I love what I do :) Also, I dunno ... I hope someone gets the reference ... Pint Size Design is because I focus primarily on the handheld markets, from Nintendo DS to Apple iPhone. I really love working on small art :D hehe

I am commercial artist/graphic artist. It is fun to do that. My friends were impressed by my arts in the past years.

Then later in the years, I went into drafting/AutoCAD world. I tried to get a job so I could become an architect but no luck.. I went ahead and gone back to graphic artist for digital world for now.

I have not done anything for the companies yet but maybe in the near future. I have done for customers/friends for the work projects for their needs.

I used to draw actors, magicians, etc.. such as David Copperfield, some of my friends, etc. You know, big head and small body in the funny way.

I am commercial artist/graphic artist. It is fun to do that. My friends were impressed by my arts in the past years.

Then later in the years, I went into drafting/AutoCAD world. I tried to get a job so I could become an architect but no luck.. I went ahead and gone back to graphic artist for digital world for now.

I have not done anything for the companies yet but maybe in the near future. I have done for customers/friends for the work projects for their needs.

I used to draw actors, magicians, etc.. such as David Copperfield, some of my friends, etc. You know, big head and small body in the funny way.

That's awesome :) Well for a few years I drew cartoons under a different banner, which my official business name is still registered as ... and I did HUNDREDS for clients ... I earned a good living. But now I focus on videogames again. I never stopped videogames, just sidelined on cartoons too :) The last image in my folio slider shows a few of them. :)

Probably shouldn't put bunch of brands in the footer then write ...

All these brands are strong and I am proud to be associated with and contributed to some of these products.

I figure too but I wasn't sure 'why?' as I'm no expert. I'd love to understand the reasoning :) Might google it, unless he can explain here so I can focus more time into putting random bumble bees into the header of the site :D lol

easiest way to explain it is say you draw a picture of a car, you know its a car, someone else that looks at it does as well but to a search engine its just a .jpg or a .png unless you give it a description by using a alt tag.

now lets say you have visible text that says " here is a cool looking car" a search engine counts that as a point in your favor if someone searches "car" but if you have a picture with the word "car" in the alt tag that will be 2 points in your favor if somone searches that term but, there are rules that you have to follow such as you cant spam "car car car car" in the same alt tag also, search engines only look at the first 65 charactors to prevent people spamming pages of keyword text on one picture.

Hope that helps :)

Probably shouldn't put bunch of brands in the footer then write ...

Excellent point. Fixing! :)

easiest way to explain it is say you draw a picture of a car, you know its a car, someone else that looks at it does as well but to a search engine its just a .jpg or a .png unless you give it a description by using a alt tag.

now lets say you have visible text that says " here is a cool looking car" a search engine counts that as a point in your favor if someone searches "car" but if you have a picture with the word "car" in the alt tag that will be 2 points in your favor if somone searches that term but, there are rules that you have to follow such as you cant spam "car car car car" in the same alt tag also, search engines only look at the first 65 charactors to prevent people spamming pages of keyword text on one picture.

Hope that helps :)

Massively. I'm a designer, and while I've designed plenty of websites, I've never worried about the details of it because beyond layout, my clients have usually always done their own SEO stuff. So yeah, this is good stuff :) Thanks ... gonna be adding tags to everything tonight :)

That's a pretty sweet looking site you have there, Dave! Nice! (Y)

Everything is superb except for your contact info being a picture. It would be more accessible for the the user to be able to click your email as a link, or copy your email address to paste.

Everything is superb except for your contact info being a picture. It would be more accessible for the the user to be able to click your email as a link, or copy your email address to paste.

I was considering that ... but wouldn't I be opening myself up to spam emails etc?

EDIT : Screw it ... I made the email part a link ... but didn't do the phone number as text. Left it as an image :)