Permanently UNLOCK and Unbrand your phone

Here is a very simple and cheap way of removing the carrier lock and unbranding your device.. (especially if your an AT&T subscriber, I can feel your pain all the way from here in Australia) without the hassles of hacking it. Yes it costs USD$19 but it definately worth it.

go to

www.fastgsm.com

Create an account, find your mobile device, buy the unlock ($19 USD), download the software and follow the simple instructions.

You will then have a permanently UNLOCKED device, even updating the phone with software updates including NoDO or Mango etc. will NOT remove the unlock. Its 100% permanent.

Atleast that way when NoDO becomes available (or future updates) you will be able to get it without being worried your carrier will block it.

I just totally unlocked my Omnia 7 from Optus (Australia) and it works 100%... just tried a Telstra and Vodafone SIM and they both work!

Hope this helps

This won't debrand your phone unfortunately (carrier splash screen etc will still be present). Also the carrier that sold you it can still block the updates after doing this.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm pretty damn sure that update availability is done by carrier setting in the actual ROM image, and not by whatever the SIM lock is. This unlock simply lets you use your device on other networks, but it's still 'tied' to its home network for carrier updates.