WP7

George P

My link

Microsoft is planning to push its Windows Phone 7 March 2011 (?NoDo?) update to the following carriers tomorrow:

?Telus ? Canada

?Orange ? United Kingdom

Other carriers will also be included in the first Wave of carrier pushes but WinRumors is unable to confirm the full list at the time of writing. O2 and Vodafone are both expected to be included in Wave 2 which begins on April 5. Windows Phone 7 owners in the U.S. may have to wait weeks until AT&T has completed its ?NoDo? testing. A company spokesperson refused to confirm when the update will become available for its range of devices. ?We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the delay of Windows Mobile 7. AT&T will make this update available once it has achieved technical acceptance in our labs. Unfortunately, we do not have a date for when an AT&T-approved update will be available.?

More carriers could be in Wave 1 since this list isn't final at the moment.

c3ntury

*sits back to see whether it decides to work smoothly this time around*

George P

*sits back to see whether it decides to work smoothly this time around*

No reports of it not working like the feb update did. Which is probably why they're going so slow as well, catch any problems before they spread. Still this is a little too slow. We'll see how it picks up now.

neo158

I'm hoping O2-UK are in that list as well seeing as the update website states that it's scheduled.

Update: Nope, still looks as if the update for O2 will be pushed out in Wave 2. :(

BajiRav
We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the delay of Windows Mobile 7. AT&T will make this update available

if they can't even get the name right, I don't have any hopes left for my poor focus. :crazy:

George P

Wave 2 isn't that far off though, April 5th is next tuesday. The question is who's in Wave 3? And is that the last one?

neo158

Wave 2 isn't that far off though, April 5th is next tuesday. The question is who's in Wave 3? And is that the last one?

True, In a way i'm glad that the update will be available for O2 customers in Wave 2 instead, as i'll be able to see what issues others have had.

amon91

It's sad how this is all gonna be phased in slowly. Why can't they just get the thing out the door and let everyone get it? I smell some custom ROMs on the horizon.

George P

It's sad how this is all gonna be phased in slowly. Why can't they just get the thing out the door and let everyone get it? I smell some custom ROMs on the horizon.

Well they did that with the pre-update and got hit with bad press about "10% of updates failing!!!" , so now they're playing it safe. A bit too safe though.

amon91

Well they did that with the pre-update and got hit with bad press about "10% of updates failing!!!" , so now they're playing it safe. A bit too safe though.

Well, if the software is faulty, it will fail anyway, regardless of how many carriers they roll it out to. I say they should get their stuff right and roll it out, then address the problems as they arise.

downhillrider

Att in the US is like wave 39

neo158

Att in the US is like wave 39

Let me guess, you have a WP7 device on ATT?

downhillrider

Yes

freak180

Well what about T-Mobile ? I been checking my HD7 every week for a update and still nothing :\

Unimatrix Xero

ive been checking everyday (once in morning and once in the evening) and sod all

XIII
?We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the delay of Windows Mobile 7. AT&T will make this update available once it has achieved technical acceptance in our labs. Unfortunately, we do not have a date for when an AT&T-approved update will be available.?

This person and the whole testing department should be fired. They've gotten months to test but still haven't completed yet, what's a bunch of incompetence, moronic and lazy asses...

+LogicalApex

This person and the whole testing department should be fired. They've gotten months to test but still haven't completed yet, what's a bunch of incompetence, moronic and lazy asses...

As much as I want to burn AT&T down too I don't think they have had months. Judging by the leaked builds being 1 build number off from the offical NoDo I get the feeling they were given the update a lot later than most of us think.

I don't get the reason carriers test these things at all though, but that is a side discussion.

BajiRav

As much as I want to burn AT&T down too I don't think they have had months. Judging by the leaked builds being 1 build number off from the offical NoDo I get the feeling they were given the update a lot later than most of us think.

I don't get the reason carriers test these things at all though, but that is a side discussion.

If what WP team said is true, Microsoft runs carrier tests in house and then shares results with them, AT&T in this case. After that carrier can decide if they want to test it further or accept results from Microsoft.

I think it's entirely fair to blame AT&T for this :laugh:. Either a bunch of lazy asses but more likely the AT&T management who won't want us to have updates phones for free.

George P

Well it's the 29th, anyone get it "officially" yet? Or did everyone just do that new hack to bypass your locale and get it that way? :p

BajiRav

Well it's the 29th, anyone get it "officially" yet? Or did everyone just do that new hack to bypass your locale and get it that way? :p

I am still holding off the unofficial way, we already have one brick here on Neowin :D

NateB1

I hacked the registry on my Focus, changing the carrier info to 000-88, VPN'd into Hungary, and played the data connection switch game until it *finally* became available. It installed with no problems. :D It's a nice update - everything is faster, and the marketplace is actually functional!

jonnyH

Just checked and recieved the feb update 7.0(7008) now to wait for the March update.

oh im on Orange UK

Unimatrix Xero

Just checked and recieved the feb update 7.0(7008) now to wait for the March update.

oh im on Orange UK

lucky you, im on tmobile and had nothing as yet

seethru

I've got a Focus on Rogers in Canada, used the registry hack last night, and grabbed the update. Everything is snappier. Pre-NoDo resuming Twitter was painful, but not anymore.

F_C

I just got the Feb, then the March update with Orange in the UK.