April 2011 Desktops

Ubuntu 10.10

Clean

148216702.png

Dirty

730133686.png

Wallpaper - Headphone Cascade by zephyris

Theme - Divergence IV - "A New Hope" by jurialmunkey

Hope the size doesn't effect anyone bandwidth ;)

cleandesksmall.jpg

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know an app for Windows that will display photos on the Desktop in a similar manner? I know there are widgets and what not that will do it, but I'd like something that displays it more "organically" and closer in style to the background similar to the wallpaper above.

Thanks!

Me for April 2004 :D

messyg.jpg

cleanp.jpg

Yes.. I know it's 2010.. and Yes.. I am actually running this.. I have 7 installed though as main OS...

Firey, is that a real Longhorn build? :o

I remember those days. I'm glad to see Longhorn lives on in Windows 8 :D

Yea, it' a real longhorn build.. 4074.. which actually has a build date of April 25, 2004. It's one of the last ones built on XP before it got dumped for the 2003 base.

Yea, it' a real longhorn build.. 4074.. which actually has a build date of April 25, 2004. It's one of the last ones built on XP before it got dumped for the 2003 base.

4074 was the epitome of Longhorn builds. It had all of the goodies in it. :D

Anyway, here's my current desktop (yes, I'm now installing some Longhorn in VPC :p).

desktop20110409.png

Jealous! :(

Jealous! :(

Lol, not much works on it. All the software on it is outdated, and with no ability to get updates or anything.. it's more of a showpiece :p I have sound, internet, etc all working fine, but none of the .NET frameworks install, they all BSOD the system.