Regularly sleeping on the sofa...

Darn...

Iv'e only slept in my bed once or twice over these past few weeks... the rest of the days i have slept on the sofa, reason being i can't stand sharing my room with my brother. I don't think it's very healthy at all, leather sofas are so hot and sticky, it takes me till like 4am to get to sleep :no:

Whatcha think?

Thanks,

Captain Crunch

I have been sharing a room with my brother for most of my life, I cant stand it and cant wait until i get my own place. But there is no place like your own bed. I am not sure about it not being healthy but the sticky bit is very uncomfortable

for the past couple months it's been nothing but couches for me.....tonight is the first time in months that I think I'm going to sleep in a bed because I feel exhausted

Darn...

Iv'e only slept in my bed once or twice over these past few weeks... the rest of the days i have slept on the sofa, reason being i can't stand sharing my room with my brother. I don't think it's very healthy at all, leather sofas are so hot and sticky, it takes me till like 4am to get to sleep :no:

Whatcha think?

Thanks,

Captain Crunch

I think it depens how big your sofa is, you might consider putting your bed in another room.

before i figured out that my bed existed upstairs this past summer, i was sleeping on the couch for the past 4 years. :happy:

LOL ta... i am sleeping in my bed tonight... my brother is sleeping round his mates house....

they are gonna phone up boys, do each others hair and nails and listen to justin timberlake

;) God i hate him lol

I've probably actually done some of my best sleeping on sofas. :)

Sharing a room with someone (like a sibling, roommate...) can actually be a bit disturbing for many. You might even want to think of establishing more formal sleeping space elsewhere. Not good if it takes you a long time to get to sleep--you might want to try throwing a blanket on the sofa for stickiness, etc.

Long-term, the more you can define some "territory" as your own for sleeping and your sleeping alone, the better you'll be. Sofas can be nice, but you may at least want a futon or something else in the living room, etc.

Well its actually a reclining sofa... well the two seats on the sofa go back, near enough flat, i do take a blanket but it looks like i may have to put a sheet over the chair to stop me sweating...

oh well i might get used to my bed again soon... like tonight :)

Well I slept in futon when parents visit here...it's okay for a short time period although quite uncomfortable. But not good for back for long period. Our back needs comfortable rest anyway.

I can't sleep on our leather sofa. It's always cold when you first get on it, and then it gets sticky.

I'm sure the long term effects could be sort of bad, but it's nothing to worry about.

I didn't mind sharing a room with my brother, but it's been some years now, and mostly been in separate rooms.

I have back problems, but I still sleep on the sofa sometimes. Usually when I've been drinking, and can't be bothered to go upstairs! Or after work, because I get home in between 3am and 5am!

I was thinking that if you had to sleep on a leather sofa, could you not put a blanket on the sofa before you go to sleep? I have a comforter covering mine and if I didn't, I would never sleep on it, because its so rough.

I only have a sister, and never had to share a room with her, thank goodness. Otherwise, only one of us would have come out alive I think! :D

Ive had to sleep on an old canvas campbed since February of this year (reasons I wont go into), and unfortunately it does have a detriment on health. Its very hard to sleep on it (its like a wooden frame with a canvas cover) as its very uncomfortable and I have circulation problems which again it doesnt help.

So if its for any great length of time I would say no, but for short periods all should be fine.

Actually, sharing living space with a sibling, especially one of the same gender, is considered psychologically beneficial, as long as you're in good standing with each other.

What's so messed up about your relationship that you can't sleep in the same room? Does he snore? Do you have to share the same bed or something? Tired of hearing him jerk off? What's the deal?

I'm assuming he's older. If he's younger, you have some serious issues with roles.

Actually, I slept on the couch for a whole semester in college, and it leads to some crappy stuff, like bad sleeping habits, which lead to you being tired all the time, sleeping through classes, unable to perform with the woman because you are too freakin exhausted to get it up, crap like that.

I went to a doctor because I got sick every couple of weeks, he said my sleeping on the couch was probably it, and then he started asking me about my sexual performance, apparently, it's a good indicator of how bad your sleeping habits are. Guess maybe it's the extreme.

yeah, usually when my bed is covered in electronics or other stuff, I just crash on the couch, although sometimes the couch is covered in electronics and computer parts too. but usually when i wake up from sleeping on the couch, something is aching, usually my arm or neck. but the couch is usually better than sleeping on the concrete floor of the basement.