+Audioboxer
morrow-620x387.jpg

Morrowind update projects are fairly common now, but there are some that really stand out from the pack. Morrowind Overhaul is one of them. This 2 year long project is brought to you by Kingpix and the Morrowind Overhaul Team and is now available for download.

The mod is described as a first pack of many that ?that will alter and enhance the visual graphics and the sounds of the game.? The creators go on to state ?The aim of this project is to make more people around the world appreciate this huge game by giving them a simple installation file which includes everything they will need to play Morrowind with gorgeous graphics and sounds. I?ve tried to keep Morrowind?s ?feeling?; therefore, the mods/meshes/textures I chose are the ones that I think are most faithful to the original colours and environment.?

Watch the trailer below to get a sense of what we are talking about. The mod itself can be downloaded here for you lucky PC gamer-type people.

Source: http://4playerpodcast.com/2011/04/04/morrowind-overhaul-a-stunning-morrowind-modding-project/

Andre S.

The number of mods and shaders included in this is truly staggering. It would take someone months of experimentation to produce a custom Morrowind install like that. Providing an automated installer is exactly what we needed. Great work!

DavidM

I wonder if the actual modders are ok with this? They went crazy when "Morrowind Expanded" bundled a bunch of mods without permission, I think the creator (of Morrowind Expanded) pulled the download, after getting heat.

I usually play on my laptop, so this would probably crush it, but grabbing it just in case it gets pulled as well. I don't mind spending a few hours hunting conflicts, and I grab the latest versions of the mods from the modders sites so they can get an "ad hit" to help support themselves.

At least this creator added this to his download page:

MUCH MORE IMPORTANTLY:

Please tell me as soon as possible if there are issues like ?oh no, you didn?t credited [modder_name?s_here]!? or ?no, you can?t include my mod in this package.? If you do not want your content in this package, let me know, and I will remove it right away.

Will test it later and see how it runs on my laptop... :)

EDIT: A lot later 2hrs + for the first download.....

EDIT #2: Disable UAC?? HHmmmm.

etempest

Also face the situation there a lot of modders that moved on / no longer able to contact.

Emn1ty

Is this for the original game or the more recent iterations such as Oblivion? For the life of me I cannot find anything that states which one it is for.

+Audioboxer

Is this for the original game or the more recent iterations such as Oblivion? For the life of me I cannot find anything that states which one it is for.

Elder Scrolls is the name of the series, Morrowin, Oblivion are the name of the entries :p

So it's for Morrowind.

Udedenkz

I fair warning about such mods,

There is no mod that replaces all textures and all models with higher quality versions (especially HQ versions that looks like the originals!).

For example, there is no replacement for a Khajiit head mesh. So it will be a blend of low-polygon and high polygon items.

See title.

ylcard

Hah, "let me know", is that even supposed to work that way ? He's the one that should be asking for their permission, I can appreciate the work he's doing, though.

Also, it's Morrowind, for ****'s sake, move on. Who plays Morrowind ? The same people who still play BG ? Wow, big loss there. (if no one plays this "mod").

Andre S.
Also, it's Morrowind, for ****'s sake, move on. Who plays Morrowind ? The same people who still play BG ?
Yup, people who enjoy actually good rpgs.
Athernar

Hah, "let me know", is that even supposed to work that way ? He's the one that should be asking for their permission, I can appreciate the work he's doing, though.

Also, it's Morrowind, for ****'s sake, move on. Who plays Morrowind ? The same people who still play BG ? Wow, big loss there. (if no one plays this "mod").

What an amazingly ignorant comment.

"Pfft Casablanca, who watches that crap it's sooooo old lol xD"

Minifig

Who plays Morrowind ? The same people who still play BG ?

Hi to both.

I still play Morrowind, Oblivion, Baulder's Gate 1 & 2.

Your point?

BoneyardBrew

Very impressive!